Three: Best Friend to the Rescue

••~ Karkat's P.O.V ~••

It has been a few days since that blonde his next door had moved in with his brother, I admit my first impression with him wasn't the best, but of course no one really got the best out of me on sight. The injuries I had gotten days ago were nothing to what I got moments ago, and I'm sure I had screamed and yelled and begged loud enough for the next two states to hear me.

I've never been so loud before, but it was like the words and yells had just been ripped from my throat. I really hoped I hadn't alarmed the neighbors or anyone on the street, though most of me actually wanted someone to check in. No one came.

Not during.

Not five minutes later.

Not an hour later, when I was sitting up against the wall. It had taken place in the living room this time, my body had been sore from the one days back, these just made it worst, my body still sore and bruised, it even hurt to breathe. Fumbling for my phone, I try to blink tears away, my vision clouded and watery, though I had tried to stop crying a while ago.

I tried to calm down as I quickly tapped Gamzee's number, trying to stay quiet as to not draw my father out again. The phone rang a few time before the male picked up on the fourth.

"What is up my wicked bro?" He said lazily, the words rolling off his tongue, slow and smooth as honey dripping from a spoon.
"G- Gamzee..? I.. I need you to get me.." I say, voice cracking mid sentence.
"Shit brother.. You know, I wish you'd all up and say the motherfuckin' word nowadays." He mumbled, anger his in his voice though it was apparent for me to notice, shuffling being heard as I guessed he was getting his shoes on.
"Soon.. Most fucking likely." I mumble, sniffling as I shake my head.
"Okay, I'll pick you the motherfuck up an' you can all up and talk this motherfucker up, 'Kay bro?" He asked, voice calm and lazy again.
"Yeah.. Hurry, please." I whisper.
"A'ight, be there in ten."

He hung up, the line dieing before I got up, moving to unlock the door so Gamzee could answer at his whim, wiping the tear tracks from my pale face as best I could, knowing I looked like shit with my red, puffy eyes and bruised skin. I was still in pajamas- a black band T-shirt and pajama pants. I slipped my shoes on without socks, not caring as I move to grab what I needed from my room.

There was a knock at my door, causing me to nearly jump out of my skin, eyes wide as I hurried to answer the door before my father. "Dammit Makara I thought y-" I started as I opened the door, stopping as I saw the blonde from next door standing there instead of the comforting stoner I was expecting.

"Sorry bro, not this Makara character." He said with a small smirk. "What? Expected your boyfriend?" He asked, seeing my less than pleased expression.
"The fuck are you here for?" I asked, agitation in my voice.
"I heard some yelling coming' from this house an' thought I'd come check it out.." He shrugged, tone sounding as if he had done this millions of times before.
"Everything's.. Fine." Fuck, why the Hell did I pause like that?
"You sure?.. You look kind-"
"Fine! Everything is A o-fucking-kay!" I say quickly, cringing as my father hollered from his room.
"Quiet the FUCK down!" He seemed to screech.

'Yeah, he really lived up to the nickname "Crabdad"..' I think sadly, straightening out myself.

"Who's that?" The blonde asked curiously.
"Uh.. My dad." I shrugged.

There was silence, feeling uncomfortable in the blonde's presence before Gamzee's car pulled up, relief flooding over me as I saw him climb out of the car.