Fifteen: A Not-So-Friendly Warning

••~ Dave's P.O.V ~••

The morning after the little move I had pulled on Karkat last night, I had fallen asleep thinking about it. The kid was literally too much, too innocent, too cute, too goddamn kissable. Waking up had been nothing but normal with Dirk burying me under a pile of smuppets when I went to the kitchen to just get a glass of apple juice, though the sweet juice was just within my grasp before the mountain of plush ass had fallen on top of me, scaring the living shit out of me.

I struggled to get up and out of my plush coffin, knowing my brother was going to pay for tapping me with this contraption. "Dirk!" I screeched, as I finally got out of the smuppet pile, frowning as I looked around the immediate area as I heard his chuckle sounding from somewhere near me. My eyes soo n rested on his form that stood in the doorway, the only thing illuminating his face at six in the morning -while the sun was just peeking from where it was hiding- was his phone.

"You called?" He answered cockily.
"Yeah! Why the FUCK am I in a pile of SMUPPETS?" I asked, furious.
"What," He stepped forward, picking up a red smuppet that had scattered from the pile in the avalanche. "Don't like plush ass?" He asked, sticking the plush rump in my face to where either smuppet ass cheek were on either side of my nose.

I scrambled back and totally did not yelp, clearing my throat as I stared up at the older male who chuckled darkly with a smirk pulling at his lips.

"Whatever, clean this up."
"WHAT?! Why?"
"You caused it." He said simply.
"You set it up!" I retort, scowling.

He hummed as if he were thinking about it before shrugging and retreating back to his room. I groan and push myself up, moving the smuppets to the side with my foot as I cleared the way to the open fridge, finally grabbing the jug of AJ and took a swig from it, not minding one bit. I was the only one who drank the liquid anyways, Dirk had his OJ instead.

I put the jug away and shut the refrigerator door, ignoring the mess of smuppets as I head to my room again. My thoughts started getting fogged as I recalled the events of last night and walked over to my turntables, humming a small tune that had been stuck in my head, fingers lightly grazing over my station before I got to work, headphones being slipped on moments later.

••~Hours Later~••

I had worked on the same beat for the last few hours, putting the final touches on what I had done already as thoughts swarmed in, clouding my train of thought, so I saved what I had before removing the headphones finally.

I walk out of my room, tired and letting the silence that rang through the house hum in my ears as it always had after I had been working on some loud ass beats. I glance out the window of the kitchen to find Karkat and his insanely tall friend sitting in the yard.

I knew I probably shouldn't have, but I envied the way that Makara fellow could make Karkat grin. The smaller man's small beam was almost like a relief that said that there was actually something for him to smile about. God, now I'm getting sappy and shit.

No. That is not how a Strider is. Striders are the cool and collected badasses.

I shake my head and contemplate on whether I should go out and maybe talk to them, but another part of me wanted to stay in and not have my ass whooped as the possibility of Karkat having spilled last night's events to the overprotective clown was pretty high. I continued to think over my choices for a few moments longer before carding a hand through my hair with a huff, deciding to wait until that Makara dude left before going over to check on Karkat; just to check on him and how he was doing last night, of course.

I ran a hand through my hair quickly, humming a little as I plop on the couch and turned the television on with a sigh, planning to waste more time here as I waited for my turn to talk to the albino next door.. If he didn't go anywhere with the tall guy that is.

••~Another Few Hour Later••~

By the time Makara had left Karkat alone, I was lounging on the couch, not minding a damn thing before a knock at my door came. I was going to ignore it, though after the third loud, impatient knock, I groaned and got up to answer it. Shuffling to the door unwillingly, I dragged my feet, sighing as I unlocked and opened the door.

My eyes were closed as I opened my mouth to ask whoever was at the door what it was that they wanted, I was instead greeted by a fist balling up the front of my shirt, my eyes flew open, scowling at the tall figure. 'Makara..' I think bitterly as I stare up at the slightly taller teen. "Can I help you?" I asked calmly.

"I dunno, can you motherfucker?" He growled in return.
"Look man, I don't know what the Hell has got your drawls in a damn bunch, but I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd let me go." I say evenly, not about to show this guy any emotions.
"What I'm all up and spewing is the motherfuckin' fact that my bro Karkat o'er there is all motherfuckin' shook up by somethin' that happened last night by a motherfucker, Dave motherfuckin' Strider." He said, grip becoming tighter on the cloth.
"Look, it was part of a bet, what else do you want from me?" I say casually.

His face dropped as if he was just hearing about it, though his face quickly scrunched up with anger again and I swear his eyes had gone full red before a fist had came into contact with my nose out of nowhere. I stumbled back, hand coming up to my nose, pulling it back to find blood on my fingertips.

"Play with his motherfuckin' feelings again, you won't be getting up next time." He warned.

I glare at him from behind my shades, watching him walk away, shutting the door with a warning look flashing across his face.

Maybe getting to Karkat will be harder than I thought.