Twenty-Seven: Christmas Night

••~Back at the Vantas Household // Karkat's P.O.V~••

The last thing I had remembered in the car ride was Dave mumbling along to another song before I had fallen asleep, and it didn't feel like even a second went by before I was being woken up as I felt myself being moved. My eyelids felt heavy and for the moment, I felt numb, trying to keep my eyes open. I shifted a bit in the grip of whoever was moving me before I felt my whole body leave the seat entirely and then pulled to another body, instinctively wrapping around whoever it was so I wouldn't fall.

I kept my eyes closed as they started to move, holding on to the other a little tighter.

"Karks." I heard Dave's voice say, forcing my eyes open to look for him, though immediately was blinded by the light that attacked my eyes. I groaned quietly and shut my eyes again, burying my face in my carrier's shoulder. "You up?"
"Eh.." I mutter. "Maybe."
"Well, we're back at your place, so.." Dave spoke again, this time, I was able to conclude that it was the blonde who was carrying me. "Do you want to sleep longer?"
"No.." I shake my head, "No, I just need some time to wake the fuck up."
"I see," Dave chuckled before the sound of a door opening was heard, "so you'll be fine with being in the living room then?"
"... Sure." I sigh.

It didn't take long before I had been set down on the couch, opening my eyes again before looking around a little. I noted that the place was cleaned up a bit. Kicking my shoes off, I pull my knees up and pulled my phone out of my pocket, unlocking the screen with one hand while the other rubbed at my face as I tried to pull myself out of my drowsy state.

"KK." Sollux said, gaining my attention as he walked over to me.
"Asshat." I responded, looking at him with a straight face.
"We need to talk.. Now."
"Why? What the fuck about?"

He didn't answer, just grabbed my wrist and dragged me to my room, ignoring the questioning looks form the other males in the house. He pushed me in before him, shutting the door behind him as he followed me in. "What the hell, Captor? Care to fucking explain why you've just dragged my ass here."

"I told you, we need to talk.."
"Okay, but why?"
"I'm not about to forget your whole breakdown at the mall." He said, dropping the bags he held.
"Yeah? Well, I'd like to forget it." I mutter.
"What was that?"
"I would really like to fucking forget everything that happened."
"Everything?"
"Everything after those assholes called us fags." I huff.
"Well.. They were technically true, though I'd rather be called a homo, not a fag."
"Whatever, we both like guys. That doesn't give them any fucking privilege to do that."
"I know, KK."

I crossed my arms, sitting on the bed and frowned deeply, watching the other teen as he sat by the bags pulling out and separating the items, one pile for thing for himself, another for me.

"Tho.. Are you okay telling me why you were tho... Deprethed the whole time?" He asked, not looking up.
"I don't know.."
"Of courthe you do. Jutht tell me, if you can."
"... I-" I stopped myself, closing my eyes as I recalled the events at the mall. "I just felt really, really shitty." I shrug, laying back then.
"And?"
"And.. I was being a fucking retard and overthinking everything, therefore causing myself to get worked up over stupid shit which the led me to breaking down in the food court because I was just that fucking upset with myself."
".. Were you thinking about DV?"
"I refuse to admit or deny it."
"I'm taking that ath a yeth then."
"Whatever."

Silence fell between us again, leaving me to my thoughts as he continued to rummage through the bags. Now thinking back on it, I remembered how upset I felt when I found out that Dave had ran off with John in the mall, and - For whatever reason - how my mind compared him running off to hang out with his friend with him running off with John like a cheater would run off with the person they were cheating with.. I bet that doesn't make any sense, does it?