Seven: A Week of Weird Happenings

••~ Dave's P.O.V ~••

Once we had gotten into the car, I had started the vehicle, with the keys I had snatched from Karkat of course, and looked back to find the young Vantas fast asleep as his brother, Kankri, had climbed in the seat beside me. Well, that was fast.

"Of dear, did he crash that fast?" The older man asked, frowning as he looked back at his brother.
"Guess so." I shrug.
"Oh well.. So, how well do you know Karkat?" His brother asked, quickly adding: "If you don't mind answering, of course." He said, rushing the words out.
"Nah man, not at all.. I- We just started talkin' properly on the way here."
"Oh.. I thought you two would have more of a relationship, seeing as he brought you along and.. Well, he never really brings anyone with him if he goes anywhere. Except for that Makara fellow." He said, tone grim when he spoke of Karkat's best friend.
"What's wrong with him? Seems like a nice guy."
"He's not really the best example for Karkat. Oh, please tell me if a topic triggers you, I would hate to do that, or if you could list off your triggers than that would be accepted as well."
"Triggers?"
"Well, I tend to ask for triggers to prevent unaware encountering of certain materials or subjects for people who may have an extremely strong and damaging emotional response.. For examp-"

He continued to give a lecture, though I droned out the older male out, sighing in relief as he finally stopped, hearing shuffling from the backseat, taking the chance to turn around at a red light to see the younger man sleeping there, chuckling a little before the car behind us honked at me, so I turned around and started down the road again.

••~ Karkat's P.O.V ~••

Returning home, I had been rudely woken up by my brother, grumbling about not wanting to wake up before I jumped as Dave's voice hit my ears, sitting up abruptly, eyes wide. The blonde snickered and tossed me the keys, climbing out. I huffed lightly, cursing under my breath and climbed out myself.

" 'Bout time, Karkles, your brother and I thought we'd have t' carry you in."
"You're so fucking lucky you two didn't." I grumble.
"Why's that?" He asked, taking a step closer towards me.
" 'Cause-" Before I could finish, Kankri spoke up.
"Karkat." He hissed, eyes narrowing. "Don't you want to invite your friends in." He asked, giving me a look that only meant he meant business.
"But-"
"Kankri?" My father appears in the doorway, the two embracing each other in seconds.

They delve into their own conversation, quickly talking back and forth as if they haven't seen each other in forever. I stifle a yawn and roll my eyes, rubbing my temples with if it'd help with the mind splitting headache.

"You okay?" Dave asked.
"No. I have to deal with that," I gesture to the older men, "for God knows how long and then school is starting back up. I'd say everything was fucking peachy." I say, sour attitude returning.
"Ouch, why so rude Kitkat?"
"Fuck o-"
"Karkat, my dear boy, why don't you invite your friend in?" My father boasted, startling me.

'What?' I think, shocked by my father's sudden change in attitude, seeing as he was complaining to me about needing the car (in the loudest way possible, might I add) and now he was.. Happy?

It was Kankri's doing.

I knew it was.

He was always father's favorite.

I growl under my breath, storming past them and in to the house and locked myself in my room, unaware that this would be the start of a very weird week.