Twelve: Planning

••~Two Months Later~••

Two months after the incident on the first day of school, the autumn chills had settled in and the leaves were starting to shed from the tree's branches. Dave and I had talked more frequently, despite not wanting to befriend him in the first place, but one thing had led to another and, much to my surprise, I had ACTUALLY started to fall for the blonde douche. It was the most unlikely pairing of the century, I knew that my crush on the blonde would be crushed if I ever confessed, though I wouldn't blame the blonde, I mean, it was probably a rare chance that he even thinks of me as a friend.

At the moment, I was in my last class with ten minutes on the clock before we could leave, taking notes down as the teacher lectured the class on the compounds of a story, something we've learned about since third grade.

The final minutes dwindled down to the last two before the teacher had let them pack up, passing the homework out. I was just glad it was Friday, despite having homework from all my other classes including this one.

I stuffed my books and papers in my bag, sighing and staying in my seat until there was an all too familiar, pale, pedicured hand tapping on my desk, a motherly tone talking after a moment. "Karkat." I head Kanaya say, my eyes looking up at the female.

"Yes, Maryam?"
"You know, I'm going out with Rose this weekend, and we were thinking you and that blonde boyfriend of yours could come with us?" She suggested, causing me to freeze.
"Boyfriend?"
"Aren't you two dating? You and that.. Strider kid. Rose has some weird fascination with him and she isn't saying anything when I ask."
"No, just friends.." I mumble admittedly.
"Something if telling me that you'd rather be.. More?" She asked, smirking evilly.

I shrink down in my seat and nod a little, getting a pat on the head before the bell rang.

"Come with me, I've got an idea." She said, dragging me out of my seat and out of the classroom.

I unwillingly followed her down a set of stairs and down a few halls, collecting Kanaya's girlfriend on the way before stopping by another blonde, Strider.

Kanaya's grip remained on my wrist, having been dragging me around half the school for the past five minutes. I had my head down, feeling shielded eyes staring at me, looking down and examining the tiles for the umpteenth time today, sighing softly.

"Hello. Dave, right?" Kanaya asked politely.
"Yeah. There a problem?"
"Oh, well Karkat and I were talking and he seems to be having a problem.." She sighed.

She and I both tensed up as Dave took a step closer, red Convers entering my line of sight when he had done so, my chin being forced up to look at his, my eyes wide and confused, chin tightly held between his thumb and forefinger.

I remained frozen until Dave released my chin, taking half a step back.

"Really David?" Rose asked, "There is no need to baby Karkat like that, Kanaya does that enough."
"Hush, I wouldn't call it babying, I would only say.. Shielding him from assholes in this school." Kanaya dismissed
"Neither am I, I'm 'shielding' him from douche bags." Dave excused now, earning an eye roll from me. "Anyways, what was the problem again?"
"Oh, yes. The three of us-"
"You were wondering." I muttered.
"Whatever. If you would join us for an outing tomorrow?"
"Sure, sounds cool. Where?"
"We can meet up at the park at two? You know where that is, right Karkat?"
I nod, "Yeah.."
"Okay, cool, though I'm sure we missed the busses." Dave said, shrugging.

We all exchanged looked before Rose offered to drive us all home.

••~Half an Hour Later~••

Once Rose and Kanaya had dropped us off, I found my father's car still there, doing a half turn to wave the females off as they continued down the street. I looked down before starting for my window, forgetting that Dave had not gone to his own home before he had spoken up.

"Why do you enter through your window?" He asked, following me.
"Easier." I excuse quickly.
"Hey, do you wa-"
"Can't." I say quick as I sped up some, being stopped at my window.
"You didn't even let me finish."
"I have plans with Gamzee later," I shrug, "sorry not fucking sorry..?"
"Oh, alright, well I'll see you later, I guess."

Dave nodded once toward me before walking off. I shake my head and open the window, climbing in and closing it behind me. I rushed to lock my bedroom door, dropping my bag off on my bed as I sigh and fall down next to it. No, I didn't have plans with Gamzee and I was not up to planning anything at the moment, staring up at the ceiling as I carded a hand through my hair.

My eyes close as I relax a little, mind slipping away from reality as I close my eyes, trying not to think about school, my father or the incredibly infuriating and handsome blonde next door, I'm not even going to deny it now. Maybe when I was more awake and less fucking exhausted, I would start denying it all over again like I had before. It really just would NOT work out.

Besides, with all the girls that hang around him... Fuck, I thought I wasn't thinking about Stri-douche! I bury my face in my pillow with a groan, eyes squeezing shut as I try to block out any and all thoughts of the blonde Texan next door and eventually finding myself even more tired than I had been before as I had finally cleared my thoughts of anything and everything.

I soon found myself slipping into sleep's grasp, staying hidden in the pillow a while longer before I had finally blacked out, not caring it was still early in the day, I hadn't gotten much of any rest this week, so I guess my body was catching up this way. I drifted off into a dreamless sleep, much like any other day or night, not worrying about a thing any longer.