Twenty-Three: Getting the Party Started

••~Days Later~••

Laying on my side after a sleepless night with a familiar warmth pressed against my back, I sighed softly, not really wanting to get up, but I really needed to stretch my legs. I grumbled to myself, though it was mostly just gibberish as I moved to turn on my side only to stop myself as I felt Carcino laying in front of me.

'Great, sandwiched between Dave and a cat..' I think, amusing myself some as I lay back on my side. Carcino was getting big now, but at least he didn't shed like a motherfucker. Thank God for short haired cats.

It was a few mere moments later before Dave stirred, trying to bury his face further in my neck as he groaned a little as he stretched a little. I bring a hand up to pat his head a little before dropping it again. "You up?" I asked in a mumble.

"Nope. Totally fast asleep. In such a deep sleep that this conversation ain't even happenin'." He mumbled back tiredly.

He had stopped over hours before, complaining that he and Dirk had had a fight and he couldn't be by him. So, he ended up sleeping over again, but at least it was winter break.

I shake my head a little, rolling my eyes.

"How long've you been up?"
"Never fell asleep."
"Karks.. You need t' sleep."
"I'm perfectly fucking fine." I argue, scowling a little.
"You sure are fine." He said and I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.
"That's a shitty excuse of a pickup line, Strider."
"Not my best, I know." He shrugged.

I nod a little in agreement, looking down at the cat who still lay against my stomach before moving my hand to scratch behind his ear, watching as yellow eyes blinked open and peered at me with an irritated look on his face before a gentle purr rumbled through him as he leaned his head into my touch. I sigh softly and groan as my phone went off, reaching into my hoodie pocket to pull my phone out. Unlocking my screen, I saw a message from Sollux was what set it off.

--twinArmageddons [TA] started trolling carcinoGeneticist [CG]--

TA: KK what ii2 your addre22?
TA: MT and ii are almo2t to your 2treet
CG: WHAT? ALREADY?
TA: yeah
TA: MT wa2 exciited two 2ee KK 2.0 2o we 2tarted out early
CG: IT'S NOT EVEN EIGHT IN THE MORNING ASSWIPE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?
CG: YOU KNOW WHAT? FUCK IT ALL

I huff and send him the address before ignoring the rest of his messages as I pat Dave's arm. "Let me up shitface." I grumbled.

"Do I have to?" He whined a little.
"Yeah, I have two shit heads who'll be here in two minutes."
"Really?"
"Mhm." I hummed. "Two old friends of mine and Kankri's."
"Ah.. Still not letting you up." He started firmly as he pulled me close to him.
"Strider! I need up. I don't need those ass wipes to see us and tease the shit out of me for the time they'll be here."
"Let them see." He mumbled.

I squirmed in his hold, causing Carcino to get up and run away. Thrashing some more as struggled against his hold, it wasn't long before his fingers found my sides and prodded at the sensitive skin, making me wiggle around as I tried to stifle a fit of giggles. It took all of thirty seconds of this torture before I fell off the bed slowly, making it a point to fall on my ass and not my back or side. I still hit the ground with a yelp nonetheless, groaning afterwards.

"Shit." I heard Dave say before he was in front of me, kneeling between my legs. "You okay Karkles? Didn't damage anythin'?"
"My ass, but that's the least of our problems." I dismissed with a shrug.
"I could kiss it better." He said softly, smirking with a mischievous glint in his eyes.
"No. You don't need to be more of an ass kisser." I say firmly.