Thirteen: Double Date

I woke up by noon, waking to a pounding on my bedroom door, scaring the daylights out of me and causing me to fall out and of bed. I groaned as I had landed on my chest, catching my breath before I sat up. "What?" I asked irritably, pushing myself to a stand.

Silence... All I had gotten in return was silence. Curious, scared, and confused, I stepped towards my door, hand on the knob. Unlocking it, I went to open it before it was shoved open. Fearing the worse, I had fallen backwards on my ass, scrambling backwards, confused as all Hell when two female giggles rang in my ears. I look up to see Kanaya and Rose standing there, my father's voice booming from the living room seconds later.

"Keep it down!" He hollered, all of us looking in the general direction of his voice before their eyes found me, still on the ground.
"Sorry Karkat, we just couldn't resist. Your father said you were sleeping and.. Well.." Kanaya said, trailing off with a shrug and another giggle.
"Whatever," I grumble, sitting up, "what did you want anyways?"
"We wanted to help you get ready for today." Rose purred.

I stare at them confused as Rose pulled me up to sit on the bed while Kanaya had started to rummage through my closet and dresser, mumbling under her breath as she shook her head in disapproval.

"Really Karkat? After years of knowing you, I knew your fashion was bad, but this is just.. Awful!" Kanaya said, turning to face me and her girlfriend, arms crossed sternly over her chest.
"Geez, can you not complain when I literally JUST woke up?" I complain, not caring if it was childish.
"Come, we're taking you shopping, I am not going out with you in raggedy clothing."
"Kanaya!" I whine, "It's not like it's a double date or some shit." I say with a huff, eyes locked on her face, watching as her expression softened and she looked to the side with a small smile. "No.. Ka- It's not even like that!"
"Oh come on, a little experiment won't kill you, will it?"
"Yes, it will be the death of me, I will die the moment it begins, besides.. Porrim told me about how he saved you at the café." She smirked.
"Ooh~ I haven't heard." Rose said, "Care to tell, dear?" Rose asked with a matching smile.

And thus started Kanaya's tale that retold the events at the café that happened months ago, the whole while, I had slipped my shoes on and we were already in the car once it was finished. It honestly took only a few minutes and I was still waking up, not caring about anything on the way to whatever store the girls decide to drag me to, drowning out their conversation.

Once we had reached our destination, the mall, Kanaya and Rose both dragged me into the first clothing store they saw. I stood to the side as they started searching through the clothes that either hung on the silver poles or walls or the clothing that lay folded.

From the first store, we didn't get anything, but through the next five, I somehow ended up with my arms slowly were filled with bags, handles digging into my arms as the bags weighed them down, though I pulled through and kept them up... Somewhat.

Most of the items weren't even mine, the girls had decided to buy a few things for Kanaya to fix up and make new clothes out of. It was around one thirty by the time we had finished, drove me back home and had the girls shoving me back into my room to test and try on outfits.

I sigh as they pull out the first outfit, leaving me to change into the blue jeans, black T-shirt, and red jacket they got out for me before I let them back in, arms crossed. "This. Is. Stupid." I mutter.

"Hush. Now..."
"How about the other jeans?" Rose suggested.
"Which one, you got like.. Four!"
"Let us see..." She mumbled with a hum and dug through the bags.

I waited patiently and became the girls' model, thankful that they had listened when I had told them I'd only accept long clothes at the mall, though I had refused to answer why.