Fourteen: Denial

The next morning I had watched the sun rise over the horizon like I had seen it set last night, my mind stuck on the events that had happened moments prior to climbing into my window.

A part of me want to accept the fact that it had happened, wanting to believe it was all just one sick and twisted dream my subconsciousness made up to mock my feelings. No, I don't know why the Hell I'd think that, but it just could NOT have been real! Dave was a ladies man, there was no way he'd ever like a piece of shit like me, would he?

No, there was no argument about it, I strongly believed that Dave could never like me like that and whatever happened last night was just some weird dream that was NOT real. Nope. Not at all.

Oh who am I kidding? That totally happened and I don't know what the fuck to do.

I sigh and hide my face in my hands, groaning before reaching for my phone to message the only fucker I could vent to.

'KARKAT: HEY FUCKASS, I NEED TO TALK TO YOU.
KARKAT: IF YOUR ASS ISN'T HIGH, DO YOU THINK YOU COULD DROP THE FUCK BY?
KARKAT: IT'S LIKE.. *VERY* FUCKING IMPORTANT AND NEEDS TO BE TALKED ABOUT ASAP!
KARKAT: FUCK, IT DOESN'T NEED TO EVEN BE IN PERSON, I JUST NEED TO TALK TO YOU...'

I sigh and wait for the juggalo on the other end to answer, hoping he wasn't asleep still, if he had even gone to sleep. Huffing, I set my phone aside as the events of last night were recalled once more.

I was being the very hopeless romantic and unlovable prick I always am as Dave points out the fact I had to pay up, then I was against the brick wall of the house, the blonde in front of me and then the kiss that makes me crave a little more each time I think about it. My stomach flips and flutters with thousands of butterflies as I whimpered quietly, yelling at myself to just forget about it already.

I look up as my phone goes off, heart jumping from my chest, down to my stomach, then in my throat and back to it's original place. My eyes scanned quickly over the screen, a wave of reliefe rushing over me.

'GAMZEE: sUrE bRoThEr, YoU aLl Up AnD kNoW iM dOwN fOr A fEeLiNgS jAm AnY mOThErFuCkIn TiMe
GAMZEE: iLl Be DoWn At YoUr PlAcE sHoRtLy
GAMZEE: oKaY mOtHeRfUcKeR?
KARKAT: YES, FINE O-FUCKING-KAY
KARKAT: JUST HURRY THE FUCK UP
GAMZEE: aLrIgHt KaRbRo IlL aLl Up AnD sEe YoU sHoRtLy AnD sHiT
KARKAT: WHATEVER SHIT FOR BRAINS
GAMZEE: :0) hOnK'

I set my phone down again, smiling a little to myself before banishing the expression from my face as if it had never happened. I sigh and get up to pace around my room a little, trying to think about anything other than Dave and his stupidly attractive self.

I freeze as I hear someone or something shuffling outside my door, confused as their footsteps seemed much lighter than my father's. I purse my lips into a thin line, moving to my bedroom door to peek my head out. I glance around before taking a few steps towards the kitchen before spotting a slim, grey cat running around before dashing past me.

'Okay, can one living body seriously get in past my knowledge?' I think sourly to myself, watching it go into my room before huffing with a groan. "Im-fucking-possible.." I mumble and start after it.

I find the feline under my bed, so I tried to call it out from under there in a variety of ways, seeing as my arms were too short to reach the cat and there was no way I could get under the bedframe without getting stuck. I was small, not ultrathin.

I gave up after ten minutes of the car staring at me like I was the one in the wrong and it wasn't just welcoming itself to my home.

If was another ten minutes before Gamzee arrived, letting himself in as well though this was done intrusion I could put up with. The tall teen had came rushing in, offering a dopey grin when he had found me, frozen in my room with the trespassing feline kneading at my shirt and pants to make a bed out of me.

" S'up brother, is that the little motherfucker you needed me over for?" Gamzee asked with a chuckle.
"I fucking wish it were this small.." I mumble as he sat next to me beside my bed, throwing an arm around my shoulders.
"Aw, then what's got ya all down in the motherfuckin' blues?"
"I..." I stop myself and blush, "It's sort of a long story." I explain with a shrug.
"We got all the motherfuckin' time brother, just let the feels flow out you all easy like." He grinned, the stench of the last blunt he his evident on his person and breath.

I sigh, hands clenching and unclenching into fists, by my sides as I take a deep breath and let it all out, letting out how the terms of the bet were made all the way to the kiss, leaving the unimportant parts out, which seemed to be most of the- not a date! Nope, just friends hanging out together, doing date-like activities. Most of the outing was left out.

When I had finished, I was staring down at the feline as I scratched behind his ears- Yes, I had had the misfortune of finding out the gender without meaning to. How, I will never confess. The grey ball of fur in my lap purred, looking peaceful and calm, though as I looked up to find Gamzee's reaction after he had been silent for far too long, I saw the exact opposite.

His eyes were dark and angry, his jaw set and a scowl present on his face. I'd never seen him angry without being sober, though an angry, high Makara was almost as bad. I swallowed thickly as a chill ran down my spine, watching anger flicker in his eyes, frowning as I stared at him.

He stared in my direction, though his eyes weren't quite focused on me as I had feared. Instead, his eyes were sort of spaced out and not exactly down to Earth. "Gamzee?" I questioned cautiously, getting nothing in response. "Makara, you there?" I pestered again, slightly worried now.

He merely mumbled incoherently under his breath. I frowned and over the cat off of me, waking it up, but I didn't mind one bit. I shuffled to face Gamzee head-on instead of sitting beside him. Looking up at him, I sigh and grabbed his shoulders, speaking sternly. "Earth to fucking Makara, I need to know if you are al-fucking-right."

His head turned towards me, blinking as he stared at me owlishly, confused almost.

"Sorry brother, what were you sayin'?"
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, yeah.. Say, you don't have and feelin's and shit for that motherfucker, right?"
"Uh.." My face felt hotter all of a sudden. "No.. Of course not." I lie, looking down.

Gamzee said nothing else, just hugged me to his chest. I knew I lied, but there was no way Dave could ever like me back, so why... Why should I even bother having to feel this way let alone confess to it? I sigh and think on it as I clung loosely to Gamzee, wishing it all wasn't so confusing.