Ten: Night At the Strider Household

••~Dave's P.O.V~••

Carrying the smaller male back to our neighborhood wasn't all that hard, only needing to stop every once in a while to adjust the slipping male. Karkat was so light! Like, it would probably feel like a kitten if I were to carry him bridal style. Ha, as if he'd ever let me!

The little guy would probably chew my face off before I even held him like that for more than half a second. Hell, he didn't let me touch him longer than a second after the incident in the café until now.

I can't say I was too bothered by it, though it was adorable how he snored softly on my shoulder. I guess it was a bit weird to do all that I had done to plan out this day as best I could, and I had definitely not planned on getting this many numbers or as many girls drooling over me as there had been. I was flattered and all, but every glance I took at Karkat -with or without girls around me- looked like he was enjoying it less and less after each girl.. Maybe I should ask him about that if he woke up in time.

Looking around as we reached the street that we lived on, I sighed and shifted Karkat up once again as I stopped on a corner. I leaned forward some as I started to walk towards our houses, only walking about three or four moments longer before I reached our houses, walking up to Karkat's house, planning to just hand him off to his father.

"Dude, wake up.. We're at your house." I say, shrugging a shoulder to try to get Karkat's attention and possibly wake him up.

All I had gotten in return was a stiff body on my back and the albino mumbling something incoherent as he held on a bit tighter, though he still seemed to be asleep.

I sigh and shake my head, looking at the house before raising my hand to knock on the door before hearing glass break inside of the house, curious for a moment before actually knocking on the door. I waited for a moment before Mr. Vantas had answered the door.

"Whaddya want?" He asked, words slightly slurred and the stench of alcohol present on his breath.
"Oh, hi.. I was just returning your son..?" I say, slightly hesitant, which was a first for me.

He peered at his son before his lip curled in a snarl. Maybe... Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

"Take him, 'll deal with him 'morrow." He said, waving a dismissive hand before slamming the door shut before I could even mutter a weird.

I stare at the door for a moment, not realizing that Karkat had totally locked up before I had went to move. Surprised, I froze for a second. "Geez Karkles, I mean I know I'm hot shit, but damn." I say, humoring myself with a chuckle as I walked across the lawn and over to my house as I made a decision to just take him to my house.

Finding the door unlocked, I head in peering around the dark room. It didn't help any with my shades that NEVER leave my face unless I'm by myself or sleeping.

Taking only four steps in the house, Dirk popped out of nowhere with a katana blade aimed towards my stomach. "Goddamn, Dirk!" I hiss in a hushed tone, eyes narrowing on him as he flicked the light on, adjusting my hold on Karkat once more.

"Dave... What have I told you about dragging sleeping or drunk people home? Just because they're not saying no does not mean they want to listen to your mixes." Dirk said sternly, crossing his arms.
"Oh my God, Dirk!"
"Da-"
"One, he's tired as fuck. Two, his father is getting smashed nextdoor." I pause for only a second, "Can you respect one of my decisions without thinking that as the to-" And now there was a hand over my mouth. "Dirk.." I say, word muffled.

My brother let my face go and moved to take the sleeping boy after setting the blade to the side.

"Jesus, is this kid even eating? He's so light!" He said quietly, holding Karkat like a mother would hold a toddler on her hip.
"I know right? I seriously thought I had dropped him a couple times on our way here." I say, plopping down on the floor, watching as Dirk set the albino on the couch.