Twenty: The Knight Shows

••~Dave's P.O.V~••

When I had gotten home, Dirk had finally chosen to speak up, the whole car ride having been awkward as all Hell with the silence. "So.. Why'd you miss the bus?" My brother asked as he blocked me from entering my room.

"No reason, I just did."
"What were you doing?"
"Walking, like I want to do to get t' my room which you're blocking." I answered, arms crossed over my chest.
"Just answer the question David." Ew, full name.. He means business.
"Why do you care? I would've gladly walked if I knew you'd bitch about it like this." My eyes narrowed beneath my shades.
"Just answer the damn question. Were you waiting for that kid next door?"

I was silent, wanting to deny it, but at the same time, I didn't. Staring at my brother, I remained quiet, refusing to answer Dirk's question. I watch his mouth twist into a smirk, arms uncrossing and falling by his sides once again.

"I see.. So, are you two a thing or what?" He asked, leaning closer.
"What?"
"Well, he and that tall kid do seem awful close, don't ya think? Probably would be a shame for ya if they turned out t' be a thing, huh?"

"Shut up, they're not." I say sternly.

"Why are you so sure of that."
"'Cause I'm with him!" I blurted without a second thought.

Dirk slowly smirked, arms falling to his sides before one raised to pat my cheek. I pulled away, embarrassed and ashamed for blurting that out, though a part of my mind had reassured me the Karkat wouldn't mind, though the rest of my head was at war with that teeny tiny, positive part of me.

I looked down at the floor as Dirk walked away, mumbling something along the lines of, "That's what I like to hear.." as he disappeared into his room. I trudge into my room, dropping my bag by my bedroom door before sagging down on my mattress, hoping I hadn't messed up terribly.

I remove my shades, squinting as red eyes were met with the harsh afternoon sun. I toss them to the side, grabbing my phone from my pocket, opening my messages to and from Karkat - Karkles in my phone - I skim through previous messages, chuckling at all the weird names he's called me. From his overused 'Fuckass' to 'Single brain celled ass munch' and much, much more, they never really got old and never ceased to amaze me.

I close the messages and sent John a quick 'Sup' before going to my turn tables, slipping my headphones on. I figured I could do my homework later, maybe when I go over to Karkat's house.

••~Hours Later~••

I had just finished a beat when Dirk came into my room, standing in my doorway.

"I'm gonna be leavin' in a few." He states
"Okay." I shrug. "Later."
"You have any plans?"
".. No?"
"Not gonna run to your boyfriend's again?"
"What?"
"Come on Dave, I'm not dumb. Plus, I have eyes in the neighborhood." He smirks.
"What? When di- you- Dirk!" I shout as he turned on his heel, walking away.

I followed him, calling his name a few more times before freezing as he threw a box at me. I scrambled to catch it, confused as my brows furrowed, turning the box around and freezing once again as I saw that it was a box of condoms.

I swear I went pale in a matter of seconds, looking at Dirk as he burst out laughing. "D-DIRK!" I hollered, eyes wide.

"Have to have protection bro. There's some other stuff in there too." He said, waving his hand dismissively. "Have fun little brother~!" He sang as he walked to the door, leaving with a small wiggle of his fingers.
"Fuckin' dickbag.." I grumble, shaking my head as I walk to my room.

My Knight in Shining Armor (( A Davekat Fanfiction ))On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara