Seventeen: Skipping School

I hadn't meant to fall asleep next to Dave, but it sort of just happened and I didn't regret it, though when I woke up and found Dave's arm around me. I sighed softly and shifted around a bit, trying to think of a way to get up without waking the blonde. I eventually gave up and decided to curl back up, enjoying the silence there was - besides the soft snoring coming from Dave - and relaxed, glancing towards the window to see the sun was at or near its highest point, meaning it was just about noon now.

I found it weird to think about how much sleep I was getting now than I used to before the Strider brother's had moved in, though my thoughts weren't allowed to wander too far as a light weight had jumped on to the mattress behind me, the cat's purring loud as he padded around, climbing over my side to get into the space between mine and Dave's bodies, kneading the blanket before laying down. The kitten continued to purr as my hand reached down to scratch it's head with a dull fingernail, humming softly before names started to cross my mind. 'Maybe I should name him..' I think, sighing softly once more before dragging my fingers down the kitten's body a few times, watching his yellow eyes slowly shut, watching as it yawned and showed off it sharp, tiny teeth.

It wasn't long before my stomach growled rather loudly, then thought of how hungry the feline must be, frowning before I grudgingly removed Dave's arm from around me, causing him to stir around a bit. I sit up and run a hand through my hair, glancing down at the two bodies beside me before standing up and walking out of the room, figuring it was time to go to the store again.

Shaking my head as I peek into my father's room, I was relieved as I found that he wasn't home and took some money from his stash. Really, after years of doing this, you'd think he's figure that he was short once in a while, but I guess not. I grabbed a few twenties and walked out back to my room to pull my shoes on.

While in my attempt to pull my shoes on and be as quiet as I could, I jumped when Dave's phone went off, only knowing it was his because the damn ringtone he had was one I don't remember. I shake my head when he doesn't move, figuring he was a heavy sleeper before going back to tying my second shoe before reaching over to grab my phone then stood up. I sighed as I stretched out, only to tense up again with a sharp inhale as a pair of arms snaked around my midsection from behind.

"Hey," Dave mumbled tiredly as his chis rested on my shoulder.
"Hi." I mutter back, arms falling at my sides.
"Where ya goin'?"
"Store, the cat and I are fucking starving. I was hoping to sneak out without waking your ass." I inform him with a shrug.
"I see," He yawned, "can I come with?"
"You literally just woke up."
"Didn't you?"
"Different situation. I need to go." I say, forcing my way out of Dave's arms.
"Noo, don't leave me alone."
"You'll live." I roll my eyes.
"That's not a thing good boyfriends do." He points out in a whine, following me.

He continued to complain about how he didn't want to be left alone, but I'm not sure what got me to give in and agree to him coming. Maybe it was the fact that he dropped the word 'boyfriend' a few times in his complaints or because it was getting old to keep rejecting his pleas, but either way, we were walking to the store within the next five minutes. Dave was more awake now, though he still had bed hair which he was trying to fix by looking at his reflection in his phone screen.

I walked beside him, hands stuffed in my pockets as my eyes locked on the ground in front of me, letting my thoughts wander before I realized that Gamzee was probably waiting at out meet-up place still. I growled to myself pulling my phone out quickly, sending a quick message to Gamzee telling him that I wouldn't be able to make it. I stuff my phone in my pocket again, eyes locking on the ground.

My eyes stayed there as we walked for the next several moments, hands clenching and unclenching in my pockets again before a hand grabbed my elbow and yanked me back to a stop. I look up at Dave finally and raise a brow in question. "What?" I asked, confused.