Chapter Four

Note: I do not have an editor. Therefore, my grammar will be all over the place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Icy Beta: Chapter Four

*Hailey's POV*

I froze upon hearing the voice. I turned around slowly to face the people behind me. I laughed awkwardly at them. "Hi." Chloe folded her arms across her chest.

"Are you trying to sneak out?" Chloe asked.

"I was just..." Chloe glared at me.

"Yea. I was bored. I just want to go out and take a walk." I took a glimpse at Chloe and the other girls.

"And you are trying to go out without asking me!!!! How could you!!!" Madison pouted and glanced at me looking upset.

"I thought if I asked, you guys wouldn't let me go out." I explained.

"Well... We actually intended to ask you out today. That's why we are here." Ava said and smiled warmly at me.

"Oh really??!!" My eyes sparkled brightly.

That's great!!! I could finally go out!! I felt like a kid who had waited for long before I finally got a lollipop to eat. I squealed in delight and squished the 3 of them into a hug. They pulled me along with them and approached the 2 cars parked along the road.

"There is one more thing though." Chloe said.

"What?" I urged her to continue saying.

"Hey Hailey!!!" Aiden greeted me from the car before hopping down the car. Alexander and Chase also got down from their car that was parked behind Aiden's. And, to my surprise, he stepped out from the car. I stood rooted to the ground. I bet I looked like an idiot now. The girls started waving in front of my face snapping me out from the daze. The girls grinned at me.

"Let's go!!!" Madison shouted excitedly and went running towards the car where Alexander was standing. Ava followed behind Madison and headed to Chase.

"Let's go." Chloe hooked onto my arm and pulled me towards Brayden. When we were near Brayden, Chloe gave me a gentle push which caused me to trip over my own leg. I thought I was going to fall flat onto the ground but a pair of strong arms held me tightly.

"Thank you." I said softly. I lifted my head up and my eyes met his. A frown formed on his face and a hint of worry lingered in his eyes. Can I believe that he does care about me?

Suddenly the sound of the horn made me jumped a little. Brayden and I turned to look at the car behind us. Chase who was sitting at the driver seat had a mischievous smile on his face. He did that on purpose! Ava who was sitting beside Chase, shook her head disapprovingly. Chase turned to Ava and smiled widely at her. Ava hit Chase arm and said something like 'Don't disturb them.' Madison popped her head between the 2 front seats and waved frantically at us.  Alexander had to pull Madison back and caged her in his arms.

"How long are the both of you going to stand outside?" Aiden stretched head out of the window and said. When did they get into the car so quickly? I must had been too captured by Brayden and wasn't aware of my surroundings. I blushed at the thought of it. At the back of my waist, I felt a nudged. Brayden placed his hand at the back of my waist and pushed me slightly signalling me to get inside the car. He held onto the car door for me while I climbed into the car. He closed it for me before walking over to the other side of the car and climbed in.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"The mall." Chloe said. I nodded and leaned back into the seat. Throughout the car journey, I felt so nervous and tense. Every few minutes past, I would take glances at Brayden who was sitting on my right. But he was not looking towards my direction, of course. He was staring out of the window. I looked down at my lap and fidgeted with my fingers.