Chapter Thirty

Finally, my exams have all ended. As promised, here's the new chapter!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Icy Beta: Chapter Thirty

The next day, someone knocked on the room door loudly. As much as I didn’t want to leave the bed, I dragged my feet across the room and opened the door. I rubbed my eyes tiredly and looked at the person who was knocking on my room door. It was Chloe.

“Morning…” I said sleepily.

“Morning. Jayden wants to speak to you. He asked you to meet him in the study room in an hour time.” Chloe said. I nodded at her and headed to the bathroom. I washed up and changed into a new set of clothes. I walked over to the bed and sat on the edge.

“Good morning, Brayden. Jayden wants to talk to me so I will be leaving for a while. I will be back soon.” I bent forward and kissed gently on his forehead.  Chloe stood by the door and waited for me to get ready.

“Hailey, Amy is going to check up on Brayden.” Chloe said as Amy stepped out from behind. I growled at the thought of having Brayden left alone with another she-wolf. This upset me and my wolf. Since my wolf was the beast, its possessiveness will be greater than any other she-wolf.

“Hailey, calm down. Amy is not going to anything. She is just going to check on Brayden and his wolf.” Chloe tried to explain and she seemed worried. There was this painting hang in front of the room. When I looked at my reflection, I realized my eyes have turned red. However, I did not feel the usual feelings I experienced when turning into a beast. I was just being possessive and get affected by the idea of a she-wolf getting near Brayden.

“What’s going on here?” A strong and masculine voice spoke from down the hallway. Jayden had a stern face. I believed my eyes were still red because as soon as Jayden saw me, he was frowning and went into an alert mode.

“Amy, go and check on Brayden.” When Amy wanted to move into the room, I immediately stood at the door to block her way. I growled warningly at her. At the corner of my eyes, I could see Jayden raising his eyebrows thoughtfully.

“We will all be in the room. Now, move.” Jayden said with full authority and forced me to submit to him. Both Chloe and Amy were also lowering their head at Jayden. I had no choice but to step aside and allowed them to enter the room. Amy went to check on Brayden. I tried to calm myself. I took in deep breathes and my eyes turned from red back to hazel.

“Is there something wrong?” I looked up to see Jayden looking at Amy and she was actually frowning. She looked as if she had something in her mind and was debating whether to say it.

“Speak up.” Jayden demanded Amy to say what was on her mind.

“His pulse is very irregular and his temperature has gone slightly higher than normal werewolves. However, his wolf has not been completely removed and it seemed that his wolf is trying to get back in contact with Brayden.” Amy looked puzzled when she mentioned about Brayden’s wolf trying to contact Brayden. Well. Everyone was equally confused. Jayden just nodded his head.

“You will continue to monitor his situation.” Jayden said and dismissed Amy.

“I need to talk to you.” Jayden said and walked out of the room. I closed the room door when everyone was out. Chloe went off to do her own things when I followed Jayden to his study room.

“Sit.” Jayden went to sit on his arm chair and pointed to the seat in front of him.

“I’m not going to beat around the bush. You will still be kept under surveillance. It seems like your beast is under control. However, we still need to be extra careful about it. If you are deemed as a threat, I would not hesitate to lock you up for the rest of your life since killing you isn’t an option when Brayden is alive. As for now, you can stay in the pack house. But with regard to you entering our pack, we will talk about that again the next time.” I kept my head down when Jayden was informing me about his decision. They couldn’t kill me because Brayden had marked me. It would kill Brayden if I was dead. They would only kill me if Brayden was died or I had gone beast.