Chapter Twenty Four

Sorry for the long wait. Have been studying for my tests, doing up my assignments. Here's the new chapter!

I would also like to take the opportunity to thanks Blue__Night for the book cover made from this story!! Thanks alot!! =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Icy Beta: Chapter Twenty Four

“Come. Come to daddy.” The branches on the ground snapped as he took a step forward towards me.

“Go away!! I’m not your daughter!!” I quickly backed away from him as he came nearer.

“Yes, you are. I’m the one who created you.” The man grinned evilly at me.

“No!! No!!!” I covered up my ears and shook my head vigorously. “Go away!! Go away!!” Fear creeping into me and tears were threatening to fall.

“Ahhhh!!” I placed my hand on my chest as pain erupted from my body. I screamed out loud as the pain was becoming unbearable. Sweat rolled past my cheeks. My body felt like it was burning up. My heart was pumping rapidly. Blood were gushing through my veins.

“AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I could hear the sound of my bones breaking. My scream was turning into a madly animal growl. That growl was low, threatening and sending dangerous warnings. My vision became sharper. When I looked down to my hands, I was taken aback to see furs… My hands… had turned to furry paws. Black furry paws. When I wanted to say something, words came out as a bark instead. What was happening? What had happened to me? No. NO!!!

I heard the man laughing loudly as he was fading away. The location that he was standing was replaced by a dark shadow. I growled loudly towards that direction. That person started walking out of the mist. Brayden. My body uncontrollably lunged towards him. My 2 front paws landed on his shoulder and pinned him down to the ground. One last growl before I bite into his neck without hesitation. Blood began to flow out from his neck. Brayden was looking at me weakly till his chest stopped raising. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Tears poured out crazily. The voice I made sounded more like a howl.

“NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!” It was a heart wrenching cry. I screamed madly with my tears pouring out fiercely from my eyes.

“Hailey!!! HAILEY!!! It’s ok. It’s ok. I’m here. I’m here. Open your eyes. Open your eyes to look at me.” A smoothing voice entered my ear. I can’t. I can’t open my eyes. Brayden would be left there alone. I can’t leave him. It was my fault. I killed him. I killed him.

“Hailey, look at me. Open your eyes, please. Everything is just a dream.” The same voice continued to ring in my head.

“I’m here. I’m here…” The voice was very gentle and at the same time, there was a hint of pain inside. I squeezed my eyes shut. I was not prepared to open up anytime. Brayden. Brayden. I kept mumbling his name as I stared down to his lifeless body.

“Hailey, please. Open your eyes and look at me. I’m here with you.” I could feel something beating against my hand. A fast rhythmic heartbeat. My eyes fluttered open immediately. The first person that came into my vision was him.

“Brayden!! Brayden…” I bounced up from the bed and hugged him tightly. Tears flew out from my eyes.

“You’re alive!! You’re alive!!!” I clung on him and never wanted to let go. He’s alive. He’s alive. That sorrow and pain felt so real. I thought I had lost him. And the worst thing was, I was the cause of it.

I pushed Brayden away and scurried to the other end of the bed. I bent my legs and hugged it near my chest. I can’t stay near him. I will hurt him, not even mentioning about killing him. That dream was so real. So real. I was so scared. I stared blankly at the bed and allowed my tears to drop down freely.