Chapter Fourteen

The Icy Beta: Chapter Fourteen

I could feel my cheeks heating up. How could he be saying it out so naturally and casually? I felt so embarrassed out of the sudden.

Did he have to say it so bluntly? Luckily, I couldn’t see his expression. Otherwise, I would feel more embarrassed than now. I stopped myself from thinking about it when I felt my body heating up.

What would happen if I turned into a beast after Brayden had marked me? Would he be affected in any way? Would I continue to harm him? What would happen if the only way to stop a beast is to kill it? What would happen to Brayden? Moon Lady, how could you be so cruel? Why did you pair me up with Brayden? He should be paired up with someone better than me and not a beast mate. What should I do?

“What are you thinking about?” Brayden asked.

“Brayden, what would happen if you marked me and I turned into a beast? You will be mated to a beast. A killing monster. I don’t want that. I don’t want to hurt anyone especially you. If I’m dead without being mark, are you able to get another mate?” I knew Chloe said that werewolf would only be given one mate. But I was wondering if there might be an exception.

If Brayden didn’t mark me and I was not fully attached to him, he might be given a second chance. Although it was hurtful to know that he might love another, I wanted him to be happy. If someone else could give him love and happiness which I couldn't, I wouldn’t mind them being with together. If I did go on a rampage and kill the innocents, they should end my life. I didn’t want to hurt any innocent people especially they might be my friends, Auntie Clara or even Brayden.

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!” Brayden shouted angrily at me. “I will not let anyone hurt you or even kill you…!! I will accept anyone except you, beast or not.”

“But Brayden…” He didn’t allow me to finish my sentence. I could feel something pressing against my lips. It was warm and soft. His tongue was licking my lips. I started to get real nervous and my heart was beating wildly. I did not have any kissing experience. This was all so new to me. Suddenly, I was being lifted up. Brayden placed me on his lap and my hands were reaching over his neck, hugging him. His tongue easily found its way into my mouth. I didn’t know how to react. I was just following Brayden’s lead. His tongue was tangled up with mine. My mind had gone blank. I couldn't think of anything. My body was reacting weirdly. I let out a moaned and pleasure building inside of me.

When his lips left mine, I was frantically breathing for oxygen. I felt Brayden’s hand swept past my cheek. At this very moment, I really hoped that I had my eyesight because I wanted to see his face so badly. Did that mean he actually has feelings for me? We sat quietly together and enjoyed each other accompany.

“So, Chloe and Aiden are mates? And Alexander with Madison, Chase with Ava?” I asked even though I knew the answers.

“Yes. The girls have been marked too.” So that explained the small tattoo on their necks. Well. I did notice it on Chloe. She told me it was a tatoo she had gotten. When I realised others had it too, I didn't ask them again. I assumed the same reason that Chloe had given me.

“Brayden, can you shift into your wolf? I would like to touch it again.” I thought for a while before making the request.

“Sure.” Brayden placed me back onto the sofa and stood up. I did not know what he was doing. There were noises which sounded like he was shifting some furniture. Then, there were some other shuffling noises. Suddenly, something started nudging my hand. I jerked my hand back a little and wondered what was that.

I could hear some pacing around the room. I reached out my hand once again and came in contact with something soft and furry. I slowly pat it a few times before it walked away from my hand and I couldn’t feel anything anymore. It was then I heard his paws tapped on the leather sofa and he lay his head on my lap.