Chapter Twelve

Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Been busy with my studies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Icy Beta: Chapter Twelve

Honestly speaking, I wasn't sure what was I supposed to response. Was it because I easily accepted the fact that I would be turning into a beast so knowing that Brayden was a werewolf didn't seem very shocking? But I was still feeling a little shocked about the truth though. That explained all those animalistic growling. So werewolves were real. Indirectly, it confirmed the content written on the book was true, wasn't it? If Brayden was a werewolf, what about the others? Did they know that Brayden was a werewolf? Then, what did 'mate' mean? Brayden had never asked me to be his girlfriend. So my previous assumption was wrong.

'Mate' and 'girlfriend' were deemed to be different by them. Oh yes! The book mentioned about mates too. If I remembered correctly, it was about the God of Moon pairing werewolves for companionship and for reproduction. But didn't the pairing only occur to werewolves? I was a human. Or actually a soon-to-be-beast? Or I was a werewolf? There was too much information to take in!

"Hailey? Please say something." I felt someone nudging me. Did I think for too long? I'd totally forgotten about Brayden.

"Are you not feeling well? Where do you feel pain? Your head? Arm?" Brayden started touching my head and lifting up my arm. He was trying to ensure that I was ok.

"I'm calling the pack doctor." Brayden said. I didn't hear him communicating with anyone else except me but few minutes later, someone knocked on the door. I startled due to the sudden knock.

"It's ok. It's just the pack doctor." Brayden whispered into my ear and stroked my back at the same time as he tried to calm me down. Pack doctor?

"Beta." It was a girl's voice.

"Amy." Brayden acknowledged her presence. Unknowingly, I gripped Brayden's hand tighter than before.

"It's ok. I called her to examine your injuries." Brayden explained to me.

"I will be here with you." I nodded slightly. After a few seconds, I felt someone else touched my hand. I immediately flinched away from that person.

"It's just Amy. She wouldn't hurt you. Moreover, I'm here with you. I won't let anyone hurt you." Brayden stroked my back gently. Amy slowly held my arm and placed it down again. She pushed me forward. She was probably looking at my shoulder and then my head and lastly, my eyes.

"Does your head still hurt?" Amy asked.

"Just a bit."

"The scratches on her arms and legs are recovering. Give it a few more days, the wounds will heal. The wound on her shoulder would probably need a longer time to be fully healed. The bump behind her head will diminish soon. Her eyeballs and the nerves are undamaged. As long as the blood clot that is pressing her nerve fades away, she will regain her eyesight." Amy said, with a serious tone.

"Do you feel pain anywhere?" Amy asked. I shook my head.

"Ok. I will prescribe some medication and ointment for you. Just take the medicine 3 times a day and apply the ointment on your wound daily." Amy said. I nodded slightly. There were some packing sounds.

"Just call me if you need me." Amy said before leaving the room.

"Are you tired? Do you want to take a rest first?" Brayden slid his across my cheek. I shook my head.

"I'm hungry. Can I have something to eat?"

"Ok. You stay on the bed and don't get down. I will be back soon." Brayden gave me a peck on my forehead before leaving the room. I had my legs bent up and hugged them near to my chest. I was starting to feel that I would become a burden to Brayden and the others.