Chapter Twenty Nine

Sorry for the long wait. Have been busy with my exams. It's still ongoing. I will be able to update after next week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Icy Beta: Chapter Twenty Nine

‘Brayden?’ I called out to him in my mind. I slowly walked up to him and I could feel many pairs of eyes staring at me cautiously. I nudged him slightly with my wolf nose as I stood beside him. He slowly opened his eyes and focused on me.

‘Hailey…’ My tears flowed out when I heard him calling my name. ‘Don’t cry. I don’t like it when you cry.’

‘I’m sorry. I’m sorry.’ I couldn’t stop my tears from flowing even if I wanted to.

‘I’m the one who is sorry. I’m leaving you soon.’ I bent my 4 legs and lay down beside him.

‘No. No. You wouldn’t leave me. You cannot do this to me.’ My voice sounded desperate and urgent.

‘Now, I understand why were you strongly opposing me to mark you previously. It’s the fear of seeing the person you love most getting hurt. You didn't want to see her undergo the pain of losing the person she loves most.'

‘Brayden, please stay with me. Please stay with me. I’m sorry for saying I didn’t want to be your mate. I don't mean it. Please forgive me. Please don’t leave me alone.’ I moved closer to his body and wanted feel his warm. He smiled weakly at me.

‘You look so beautiful.’ His fingers were brushing past my furs as he said that.

‘Brayden…’

‘Please be happy and stay alive.’ I shook my wolf head.

‘I can’t. I can’t.’ He cannot make me promise this when he couldn’t give me the same promise when I asked him to.

‘Jayden, please help me look after Hailey.’ I heard him mind-linking Jayden.

‘No. No. You are the one who is supposed to look after me. Not other people. I’m not ready to let you go. Don’t just leave me like that!’ My wolf whimpered as she felt Brayden’s wolf fading away.

‘Brayden!! Brayden…’

‘I love you, always.’ That was the last thing he said before he blocked off his mind. I couldn’t get in touch to his mind anymore. I was crying out loud as my heart was throbbing in pain. He couldn’t just leave me like this!! He cannot do this to me… How can he be so selfish? He said he couldn’t live if I was gone and he expected me to stay alive. How could he…

The whole surrounding had gone silence. There were no more fighting. There were dead wolves lying all over the ground. Robert Miller was dead. Alana was dead. I looked down at Brayden. No. No. He was not dead yet. I knew I could feel him somehow. He must be around somewhere. My wolf tried calling out to his wolf, but there wasn’t any response from him. He was alive. He must be alive…

The wolves in Jayden’s pack tried to step closer to Brayden. I immediately growled at them and warned them not to get any closer. They were not going to separate Brayden from me.

"Hailey, we are bringing Brayden back to the pack house." Jayden stood there stark naked and his voice was filled with authority. I looked at him and covered Brayden with my body. I didn't want them to bring him away.

"Hailey." Jayden walked towards me. "We need to go."

Jayden and the pack was not able to communicate to me in my mind. They can only communicate with me through the pack link that once Jayden officially accepted me into his pack. However, I wasn’t too sure if Jayden would want me to join his pack or I would even join because of what happened to Brayden. I did not want to think of anything else now other than Brayden. Unwillingly, I moved away from Brayden and the pack members carried Brayden away.