Chapter 19: Run!

Chapter 19: Run!

Louis' POV

My body feels so numb, so weak, so lifeless with all the memories and hard work I've done over the years comes out and throws your heart away. Like you've protected yourself for nothing. Protecting yourself is when you protect what's important to you. Kenzie, she was my little sister, she was the one who I told myself to protect and love and care for. But how can all of this turn my world around in less than 24 hours? It just doesn't make sense. I've just lost a part of myself. Why wasn't I there for her? I should of came back with Kenzie to England when I had the chance. But I was too busy with Sophie. I was all caught up in making sure she was having a good time on her birthday. Though at the end of the day, what did I do to make everything perfect? We got stuck in a cave with no food. But I suppose Niall took on the responsibility. Turns out, he walked away when he found out that Kenzie was incapable of having children.

It's the next morning after the funeral and no one's doing anything productive. I guess we're still in shock about this big event; no one has the initiative to be the first one to continue on with their lives.

Days go on, eating, sleeping, watching TV, repeat. Management tries to contact us to see if we want to do a gig, do some recordings, some signings, but we say no. Who cares about life when it's just going to end? It's just going to end with more people sad and more lifeless bodies appear on deck. Why do so many people want to make use of their lives when it's just going to end? All the hard work you do, all the bills you pay, the memories you make, and it’ll all end when you die. Why does money have to go around as it's what everyone cares about and wants? Why can't we just share everything and take what you need? Life is seriously messed up. I want to do something that will make me remember what life was like when I die.

Speaking of it, Niall invited the whole gang to his flat for lunch. I wonder how he's still doing; he's taking it pretty good, well, until he started saying crazy things that I somehow agree with.

We're all sitting down at the dinner table eating pasta that Niall made for us quietly. I eat awkwardly holding Sophie's hand under the table. The tension and the awkwardness is more than what you think, it's terrifying, we're all so close and, who knows how long this is going to go on for. That's why I break the silence. "So Niall, why did you invite us here? Any special reason?"

He looked up at me, I waited for him to finish chewing, and “yes actually, I want to know if all of you will help with something. I want to go to New York, to get away from all these memories. I want to get away from here, where all memories with Kenzie flood back to me. And I never want to go back to Hawaii. I figure New York would be a good place to start fresh." I state and everyone's looking at him with a questioning look. I and I'm sure others notice he's somewhat lying.

Everyone is paying attention to him and Liam speaks up, "so why do you need our help? I'm sure you can manage to buy a plane ticket on your own." Things are still a bit awkward between Liam and Niall, after that incident in the car back in Maui when they were yelling at each other, Niall swung a punch at Liam but hit Zayn in the face instead and knocked him out. Liam still can't believe Niall would do such a thing and try to punch him. It's awkward with Niall and Zayn, too. Well, obviously because Niall knocked the lights out of the poor guy.

Niall continues, "you see that's just the thing, I want to get away from One Direction stuff and do something I've always wanted to do. To commit a crime."

"Hold it!" Anji says, "If there's no more One Direction, then I lose my job and I really don't want that."

"More importantly, we would get arrested and go to jail for who knows how long." Sophie points out.