Chapter 17: Another Flashback

Drew's P.O.V
Flashback: I'm in a bedroom, the same one I saw in my first flashback, the girl is in her closet, looking for something. " aha!,here it is" her head pops out and once I see her face my mouth drops open. It's Jane's invention, the one that sent us back in time, except she's not made of used parts, she's totally human. She's African-American, she has hazel eyes and she's wearing a red t-shirt and black skinny jeans. In her hands is a small pocket knife. She walks over to the bed, climbs on it and sits next to me. I say," alright, Kala, let's do it" Kala?, that's her name. She holds out her left palm and cuts her hand leaving a straight line, tiny drops of blood seeps out of the cut and onto the bedspread. She hands me the knife, I take it and do the same thing with my left hand. We shake hands and she says," from now on Drew and Kala are now and forever soul sisters" she smiles at me. I smile back and say," soul sisters,I like it" we let go of each other's hands and use paper towels to clean the cuts.Suddenly the scene changes and I'm seeing her on the bed crying. She sits up and wipes her red eyes, there's a knock on her door and a women police officer comes in and sits on her bed, she starts talking " ok, Kala, I need to ask you something questions. can you do that for me?" Kala nods and yes and the officer begins her questions," when was the last time you saw Drew?"  My first thought is, Drew's my actual name?. The second is," what does she mean by "last time?". Kala let's out a sob and says," I saw her yesterday, after we left the dance club, she walked down the sidewalk by her herself" my body freezes.the club. That was the day Ken kidnapped me. That was the day anyone last saw me. The officer nods and says," don't worry, we're doing everything we can to find her" Kala's eyes darken and out of her mouth comes a harsh laugh. "Ha, everything you can,you jackasses are doing nothing!!, you ass is just sitting here asking me questions while you could be out there looking for her!!" there's tears in her eyes. She get up off the bed and walks to the window, she opens it, she turns back to the officer and says," She was-is my best friend, she was-is my only friend. I can't live without her".She climbs on the ledge and sits on it, her legs dangling. The officer gets up,slowly walks towards her and says," Kala. You don't have to do this, look, we'll, we'll find your friend,I promise, just come away from the ledge" Kala looks at her,tears streaming down her face, smiling she says," Ha-tep(be at peace) Hi-nehm(join) Non Mortus(Not dead)" and with those words said she jumps from the ledge. There's a loud thump,splat from where her body lands. The officer grabs her walkie talkie and says," get me an ambulance, a girl has jumped from a ledge, I repeat get me an ambulance!" she rushes from the room. The scene changes again, and I'm looking at Kala's body, she landed on her back, her arms are spread out like she's making a snow Angel, there's a peaceful smile on her face. Suddenly I hear a rustle in the bushes behind her body and see Jane. She grabs Kala's legs and drags her away from the house. The scene changes again and I'm in a sewer, and Kala isn't Kala anymore, she's made out of used parts, and her eyes are red and black, the only thing that is human is her eyes and her hair. Jane is talking to her," your best friend isn't dead, she left you because she got bored of you, she's already found some new friends, see?" a hologram appears and shows Me, Cole,Drake, and Jasper on Cole's couch playing video games. Kala's robot eyes darken, Jane opens Kala's chest up and I see a red star in her chest. That must be what's making her move, if I break it, she'll stop working.Jane closes her chest and says," I hope Drew knows it's her best friend, it'll make watching the fight worthwhile".