23: Losing Hope

Trevor POV
After the assembly Diggy and the rest of the performers had to go. I went to look for Christina to see if she liked the performance. Because she's always wanted to see me in concert. I found her walking towards her locker with Jacob.
They hugged and then he walked away. I ran down the hallway to catch up to him. "Jacob what were you just doing?"
He scratched his head replied, "Uhh walking."
"No I mean what were you doing with Trina?"
He rolled his eyes and asked, "Who's Trina?"
"What were you doing with that girl that you were just talking to?"
He chuckled and said, "Oh you mean Christina. Isn't she hott?"
I grabbed him by his shirt and slammed him into the lockers, "Stay away from her!"
He smirked and said, "Why would I stay away from my girlfriend?"
I let go of his shirt and punched the lockers, "She's your girlfriend?"
"Not yet," he exclaimed as he winked.
I rolled my eyes, "So this is how you plan on getting me back? Dude if you want Ashley you can have her."
"Too late for that," he said as he was walking away.

Christina POV
I saw Taryn talking to Laura by the water fountain. I decided to walk over of to them. As soon as I got there Laura rolled her eyes and walked away.
"Hey Taryn," I said.
She popped her gum and started playing with her nails, "What do you want?"
"I want my best friend back."
She rolled her eyes and flipped her hair, "I thought Trevor was your best friend."
I stared at the ground avoiding eye contact, "Trevor and I are done."
She instantly got interested, "Wait so Trevor is single."
"Yeah."
"Really," she said with a huge smile on her face.
Which made me angry, "Well yeah but no."
"What do you mean?"
I fake smiled and said, "He's kind of still not over me."
She laughed sarcastically and said, "This is why I don't like you. You keep so many secrets and you are so possessive. Your acting like your the only one who can have Trevor. If you haven't realized he doesn't want you."
I crossed my arms and tried to hold back my tears. She whipped her hair in my face and walked away.
She's changed so much. I guess I have to make new friends.

Taryn POV
Honestly I do miss Tiny as a friend but I just can't forgive her. I don't remember why I was mad at her but I can't turn back now. I find Trevor and run up to him.
"Hey Trevor."
He smiles and says, "Hey your Taryn right?"
"Yeah how did you know?"
He laughed and said, "I remember you were the one who sung know your name on my first day of school."
My cheeks started to turn red, "Omg that was so embarrassing I can't sing."
He put his hand on my cheek and said, "I thought it was cute."
I giggled and then he hugged me.
"Are you still friends with Christina?" Trevor asked with a serious look on his face.
"No. Are you?"
"No," he said looking kind of sad.
"We can be friends," I said trying to cheer him up.
"Or more," he whispered in my ear giving me chills. He made me blush which made him smile.

Christina POV
My mother and sister came back home after my mother's business trip.  My mother opened the door with tears streaming from her face and my sister crying at her side. My mother threw a pile of envelopes on the coffee table.
Bills.
My sister ran upstairs crying.
"Mom what's going on? How was the trip?"
She sighed and said, "I don't have enough money. I can't afford all of this, I can't afford your sister."
I stared at her coldly, "Mom what do you mean you can't afford Hope."
She wiped a tear from her eye, "I can't afford to take care of her anymore. Sh-she is gonna move in with my mother."
"Why mom? I can help you."
She shook her head, "No Tiny stop she has to go but you can see her whenever you want and if you want you can move with her."
I shook my head, "No mom I'm not leaving you but why does she have to go."
"It's complicated sweetie."
Hope came downstairs with all her belongings stuffed in a suitcase.
I ran over and hugged her.
"Bye Hope."
I kissed her forehead and she smiled, "Bye sissy. Do you promise to come to Mom Mom house to see me everyday and sing me goodnight."
I hugged her tighter, "I promise."

It's been a month since I've talked to Trevor and since I've seen my sister. I've been dating Jacob since the day of the assembly and I'm pretty sure Trevor is dating Taryn. I still see him in the hallway but he doesn't even look my way anymore. My sister moved in with my grandparents because my mom can't afford to care for us anymore without the child support from my dad. I still live with her but she is barely ever home. She's always working. I told her I could help take care of Hope but apparently Hope has Autism spectrum disorder and my mom can't afford to pay for her treatment. At this point I have no one except Jacob and honestly he's the only one that keeps me going.

Jacob POV
At first I was only dating Christina to get back at Trevor. But I'm actually falling for her. She's been through so much and if she found out I was using her it would kill her. Honestly I don't even care about Ashley anymore.

I was working out in my basement when my phone rung interrupting my music. I wiped my sweat on my towel and grabbed my phone.

***Phone Conversation***
Jacob- Hello?
###- Lets make a deal
Jacob- I'm done with you
###- look I want you to stay away from Christina
Jacob- no!!!!
###- you don't even love her
Jacob- it doesn't matter
###- I will pay you to stay away from her
Jacob- how much?
###- 5 grand
Jacob- what if I don't take the money and stay with Christina
###- Then I'll end your life

I hung up the phone and hit my punching bag as hard as I could. I'm not dying for a girl especially a girl that I don't really want. I texted Christina.
Jacob😏- Hey cutie can you come over
Christina🤘🏽- sure💕 what time?
Jacob😏- right now!
Christina🤘🏽- alright I'm on my way

She knocked on the door 13 minutes later. I opened it and let her in. She hugged me. "So what did you want me to come over for?" She asked smiling.
"Christina your making this harder than it already is."
She started to bite her nails, "What are you talking about?"
"Christina we're done!" I said getting it over with.
Tears started to fill her eyes, "Why Jacob? What did I do wrong?"
"You didn't do anything wrong. It's just.....we can't be together."
She rolled her eyes and continued to bite her nails, "Why not?"
"Someone is paying me to stay away from you."
She put her hand on her head, "Then just don't take the money."
"It's not that easy."
She rolled her eyes, "Why not?"
"They threatened my life."
She started to raise her voice, "Who?"
I was silent for a while before I said, "Trevor."

Christina POV
I can't believe Trevor paid Jacob to stay away from me. I swear Trevor has issues. I wanted so bad to go to his house and confront him but he might try to kill me. Well now I have no Jacob, no Trevor, no Taryn, no Laura, no Dad, no sister, and I barely have a mom.
All the people that said they loved me. I'm so done letting people in my life.
If Trevor wanted me so bad he could've talked to me instead of
threatening my boyfriend's life.

I was done feeling bad about myself. I was determined to find answers. I decided to go to Trevor's house and talk to him.
I knocked on the door.
He opened it seconds later. He was shirtless and looked like he just woke up.
"Hey Christina what up?" He asked rubbing his eyes.
It was weird hearing his voice again and it was also weird hearing him call me Christina.
"Trevor I need to talk to you."
He yawned and said, "Come in."
My face froze and I stood still on his porch, "Trevor I'm going to stay here. Can we talk out in the open where there are witnesses."
He laughed and said, "What are you talking about?"
I rolled my eyes and said, "Don't joke around Trevor I know what you did."
He scratched his head and asked, "What did I do this time?"
"Jacob told me that you paid him to stay away from me and you threatened to kill him."
He looked at me with a straight face and said, "I never did that."
"Trevor are you lying to me?"
"No but I think Jacob is."

Chase POV
***Phone Conversation***
Chase- Hello?
####- Chase's where's the gun
Chase- he's not dead
####- I no, stupid, that's y I'll do it myself
Chase- No I can do it
####- Look Chase that's not my gun
Chase- Who's is it

(Authors note: Thanks so much for reading)
Inspired by lovemecutie143