A Love That's So Demanding (37,38)

Chapter 37

(Janay's POV)

I stood in the hall plastered against the wall, hoping not to be seen. I was ease dropping on Nonnie and Andy. She was telling him that despite her past, she would never cheat on Frank, that she knew he was a really nice guy and would make someone really happy one day. I couldn't take it anymore so I pushed off the wall and entered the living room. "Hey you two," I said trying not to let it show that I'd heard the whole thing. "What are you doing up so early?"

"Just talking, but I'm beat so I think I'm going to go back to bed okay...uh never mind." Nonnie said with a smile, "I think I'll go take a shower instead."

I watched as she left the room leaving Andy and I alone. "So how did things go last night? I noticed that the couch was empty this morning."

"Nothing happened and nothing will happen," he said. He looked a little disappointed.

"You just have to give her a little time."

"Time for what? She loves him; I'd feel like crap coming between the two of them. Did she tell you all that she's been though, how long he's been looking out for her. The girl is full of stories where he has in some way saved her. I can't compete with superman, no human can." He was starting to get mad, but still kept his voice down.

"Look, right now she's in this honeymoon state of mind. Where he can do no wrong it will pass."

"No, I don't think it will." He ran his hands though his hair, "And I'm not willing to wait either." He stood up and walked toward the door. "I'm heading over to my place. I'll be back later."

"You're just going to leave?"

"Yeah, I'm still her friend and if she needs me she can find me, but I'm not going to be that guy. I mean I'm tired of being that guy." He closed the door behind him. I sat there for a minute trying to figure out away to fix this. But nothing came to mind.

"She just had to screw that up didn't she?" I said out loud to myself.

"Who me?" I turned to see Nonnie standing in the hall way. She was not happy.

Chapter 38

(Nonnie's POV)

"So I just had to screw that up huh?"

"Non I... I didn't mean it in a bad way, but you just let a perfectly good guy walk out of your life."

"See what you don't seem to understand," I said as though I was talking to a child. "Is that I have a perfectly good man, he will be here in six weeks to get me."

"Frank is not a good guy,"

"How the hell do you know?"

"Cause he slept with his best friends girl friend."

"That was more my fault than his, and its not fair to put all the blame on him."

"Non you were vulnerable at the time, you were lonely and he took advantage of that." She said looking at me with pity.

"You still don't get it do you?" I asked her. "I've loved Frank from the first time I met him, I just didn't know it. I fooled myself into thinking that I wanted Travis, why I don't know, maybe because we were so close as friends that I thought for us to be together we would lose that."

"Non, are you sure your not just fooling yourself again," she said rolling her eyes.

"Even if I am its not your place to interfere, if you want someone to be with Andy so bad you be with him." I turned and headed to the shower, I was so pissed off at her. How is it that the girl who stayed with an abusive boyfriend for over a year thinks she knows what's best for me? I was about to bring that up, but I have to stay here for the next six weeks, and that would have really pissed her off.