A Love That's So Demanding (51,52)

Chapter 51

(Janay's POV)

I lay in my bed with a shoe in hand ready to throw it at the first sign of Pete coming in the room. How could he sit out there and associate with them. After what just happened out side I was surprised to hear them laughing and just genuinely having a good time. It made my skin crawl.

I heard the door open and someone said, "Can I come in?" I looked up to see Non. I could see that she was getting a pretty bad bruise where Travis had hit her. I nodded my head, I was actually really hoping to tell her how much better her life would be with out Frank, but before I could say anything she said. "You were right, I have made all the wrong decisions," I was caught off guard.

"So does this mean you are going to break up with Frank?" I said trying not to let the happiness I felt show in my voice.

"No, I've made all the wrong decisions for you. Meaning if I were you they would have been wrong, but since I'm not you they were right. I made the right decisions for me." I understood what she said even though it was a jumble of mixed up thoughts and I could tell that they weren't something that she had thought up her self.

"Frank told you that didn't he?"

"Yeah," she said with a smile, "He's a really smart guy. What I said though is true; you came to LA running from something dangerous. I just ran cause I was scared. I know that since we have been here you have been trying to help me find happiness, but the one thing that always makes me happy is sitting in the next room. I want nothing more than for the man I love and the girl I has become like a sister to me to get along." That was a cute speech.

"I would love to help you with that, but I can't. You don't see the control he has over you. Did you see how easily you forgave him earlier, and now you are all lovie dovie with him."

"Last... look I have my reasons for that. You don't have to worry about us anymore. We are going to go home and be fine."

"Wait last what?" she got this guilty look on her face.

"Nothing,"

"Nonnie Woods don't play with me." I said letting my voice change into one that sounded a lot like a mother talking to a child.

"Look are you going to come out here and be nice to my family or not,"

"They are not your family," I hated when she said that it sounded so stupid. She wasn't related to anyone in the next room. When we came out here I was all she had. Then he came back and took her away where she as predicted got into more trouble, when he was supposed to look out for her.

"Yes they are and if you don't want to be apart of them than you don't want to be a part of me."

"Then maybe I don't, I can't just sit and watch as you ruin your life. He's no good for you or anyone else." Her face changed from pleading to anger.

"Fine I tried to come in here and be reasonable, the funniest part of this is that Frank oh yes he does have a name is the one who told me to come in here and try and fix this. But you are just so stubborn."

"That's right I'm stubborn and selfish and I don't care about my friends just when I'm right," I yelled at her back as she slammed the door behind her.

Chapter 52

(Frank's POV)

I was in the middle of crushing Bill in guitar hero when, out of the corner of my eye I saw Non slam Janay's door and go into the door across the hall. "You better go check on her," Rachael said. I looked at her and she just nodded. I turned and walked down the hall as I got to the door I paused.

What ever happened in that room obviously didn't go well, so she's either going to be pissed off or crying. Both didn't mean anything good for me. I opened the door and walked in closing it behind me.

I turned to see Non changing into her pajamas, a pair of blue boy shorts with the superman S on the butt, and a blue t shirt with it on the front. "Now that is cute." I said walking over to her. She gave a sad smile.

"Frank, so far between the two of us there has been a lot of lies. it always comes out later, but only after someone gets hurt and I'm tired of that cycle." she motioned for me to sit down. "Last night after watching that ... tape. I was upset so I went out. There's this bar not far from here I used to go there after..." she paused there I knew she was referring to after she lost the baby. I took her hand in my own and she continued. " Well I went there and I got really drunk, and... and I slept with someone else." she didn't look at me. I was livid with anger, but I had to think before I said something to ruin the what we were trying to save.

"Okay," I said the same thing she said once I got the chance to speak to her. She looked up at me in surprise. "You were upset." it hurt like hell to say that, the mere thought of her with someone else made me sick to my stomach, but I guess now we were even. I took off my shirt and jeans and climbed into bed. She followed shortly after. "You know, the recording studio isn't expecting us for another two weeks or so. We could stay here in LA for a while longer if you wanted." I said as I wrapped my arms around her.

This was a peace offering for her LA friends they just didn't know it yet. I wanted them to see that Non and I belonged together. in the short time I got to talk to them in the living room they seemed to genuinely care for Non's well being. Even Andy seemed pretty cool, not that I was going to be best friends with him or anything like that.

"Frank, there's one more thing." she said.

"What?" I said moving away from her enough that I could see her face. she took another deep breath.

"Promise you won't get mad?"

"Babe is what you are about to ask me going to make me mad?"

"Not if you promise not to be." she said with a nervous smile.

"The only reason you ask someone to promise not to get mad is if you know whatever you are about to say is going to make them mad."

"Okay, so do you promise?"

"Fine, yes I promise," I braced myself for more bad news.

"I've been staying at Andy's for the past week." I took a deep breath so I could fully process what she had just said, she has been staying with a man who at one point in time was clearly in love with her. Wait...

"Is he the one you were with..."

"Oh no I wouldn't do that to Claire. He and she were meant for each other."

"You swear nothing happened between the two of you?"

"I swear." I pulled her back into my arms as she explained that things were weird here because of Janay. Then she looked at me.

"Okay, but that's all right." I don't think I could take any more.

"Just one more thing and you really have to promise not to be mad," she said.

"What?" I said cautiously.

"I love you," she said a smile playing across her lips.

"Very funny,"

"I thought so myself," she said brushing her lips across mine, then she laid her head on my chest and we drifted off to sleep.