A Love That's So Demanding (65,66,67)

Chapter 65

(Pete's POV)

I heard him talking to her, and I waited for her to tell him to go to hell. Only all I heard after his little speech was silence. So I came the rest of the way up stairs to see her pushing him away. Guilt written across her face. She walked over to me. "Rick this is my boyfriend Pete."

"So that means exactly what?" oh I thought I hated this guy before.

"That means back off." I said,

"Those hickeys say different." Janay's hand flew to the side of her neck. I looked at her.

"No they say she's still scared you might put her in the hospital again. That's all." I knew I had won this round even though he was probably more accurate in his assumption. Mine stung him more. "babe I think we should get going." I took her hand and went to the basement steps. "Hey everybody time to go," I said trying to keep my emotions out of my voice. I was pissed at them both him for being here and her for letting him such on her neck like a freaking vampire. Sure that stupid fear excuse should explain it all away but it doesn't. she didn't seem the least bit scared.

"Pete I..." she said as we walked toward the bus stop. Everyone was silent.

"Don't lets just go back to Gerard's." I said there was nothing that she could say right now that would make me feel any better about what had just happened. I am in love with her, and I think she still has feelings for her abusive ex. How do I fix this. I mean even if she wasn't to end up with me. To know that she would rather go back to the man that has sent her to the hospital on two occasions than to be with me. That hurts like hell.

(Janay's POV)

What the hell is wrong with me? Why didn't I push him away sooner? I know he's bad for me. I know that I love Pete. There's no one else I want to be with, but that smell and his touch. God, I'm so confused.

After we left my parents house no one really felt like doing the tourist things we had planned. For my sake, Non made the guys go out taking Pete with them. Now the three of us sat around the living room talking about what happened this afternoon. " I can't believe your mother." Non said. "She looked at all of us like we were the scum of the earth. I thought she was going to have a cow when Gerard said he would rather eat a dead squirrel than impregnate a cow." we all laughed at that. We don't even remember how the conversation got there but it was hilarious. They were avoiding the real issue that they wanted to bring up about my mother. She had invited my abusive ex-boyfriend over to have lunch.

"Stop." I said after I finished laughing. I just wanted to get the mom bashing out of the way. "I know none of you like my mom and that's okay. If she hadn't given life to me I would probably hate her too. She had good intentions." they both gave me a look that said.

"Yeah right." I continued cause I really needed to get off my chest what had happened in the kitchen.

"While we were in the kitchen, Me and Rick. He well..." I showed them the hickeys.

"Janay! What the hell, why did you let him do that? Did Pete see?"

"Pete didn't see what happened, but Rick told him about the hickeys, and I don't know. I honestly didn't even realize he was doing it until Pete called my name. I don't know what to do. Pete's mad at me, but he's trying not to show it and failing miserably and he has every right to be pissed at me." I saw the pity on their faces. "Do either of you have any advice?" I said mostly looking at Non. She was the only one who had dealt with anything even close to this.

"Don't look at me," she said looking mad that I even asked, "You are in a good relationship. Mine sucked, if you cheat on Pete he will never forgive you."