II

Pondering my answer in the next class, I don't exactly know how to go about this. I basically turned him down tonight but he wants to go out tomorrow. My fingers hold his number and I punch his number into my phone. I text him a simple yes and my name, the response quick.

H: I can't wait. See you then, beautiful. :)

I blush and continue doing my work, working hard until about seven at night. When I walk home, I search for my keys and walk onto my floor. But I freeze when I see Harry leaning against the wall by my door, his head turning to look at me. He smiles and my eyes dart down to his hands, holding two coffee cups.

"Thought I'd at least try to help you study," he grins, my hand gently cupping the coffee mug he hands me.

"It's a vanilla latte." I nod and look back up at him, lightly smiling.

"Thank you," I whisper, his head nodding. I unlock my door and he walks in behind me, his hand shutting the door.

"I want to kind of explain myself," he says, my head swiveling to look at him. "I know my abrupt behavior must be shocking, but know I've been...attracted to you for as long as I remember seeing you the first time here."

"Why now?" I ask, his lips releasing a sigh.

"Complications," he sighs out, my eyes only watching him.

"My ex...she wouldn't stop coming around. I was with her, tried to get back together, but I didn't want what we had. She was so high maintenance and I was sick of it. Ended it last week for good and I hadn't seen you until yesterday that I finally realized I have an opportunity to, um, try this," he says, my eyes watching as his hand lightly cups mine.

His hand is big, and way warmer than mine. And now that I have Harry face to face with me, his stature is way bigger than mine. He's very built and his shoulders are broad.

"Listen, I'll respect you and anything you want, but know that I'm very attracted to you," he says, my lips parting. He lightly brushes his thumb against the back of my hand, his eyes on me.

"I-I get very shy," I tell him, his lips curving. He lets go of my hand and brushes a strip of my hair behind my ear.

"I wasn't lying when I said your blush is beautiful," he says, my eyes looking down.

He lets me go and we sit in the kitchen, the work not that extensive. Harry is reading the passages and I am writing down responses as he reads, my eyes skimming the page.

"How old are you?" he asks, my fingers setting the pen down.

"Twenty. You?" I wonder, his lower lip released from his teeth.

"Twenty-two."

I smile and he grins back, my arms crossing as I lean against the table. "Graduating?"

"Yup," he replies, his eyes looking at me. "But I'm taking another class after. I want to be in business."

I smile. "What do you want to do?" he asks, my eyes looking down at my paper.

"Social sciences. Historian," I smile, his cheeks dimpled as he looks at me.

"That's cute," he tells me, making me blush.

"Do you, um, want something to eat?" I ask, his shoulders shrugging.

"I mean, I'm invading your study time..." he trails, my body getting up.

"I haven't eaten yet. I'll make something," I say, his head nodding.

I start making BLTs and I ask him how many he'd like. I'm taken aback when he says three, but he explains he needs the protein.

"Do you play a sport?" I ask, his body leaning against the counter.

"I'm on the basketball team," he says, my lips forming an 'o'. "I have practice at six tomorrow morning."

"Then you should get some sleep," I say, his lips curving.

"Not yet. Gotta eat dinner with you," he smiles, my heart racing. He's very charming, and I feel different around him. He's a genuine person, but I still am nervous around him. My walls are extremely high.

I plate the BLTs and he takes the plates, setting them at the table. He stacks my books and papers and I sit down, his hand moving the plate in front of me.

"What's your family like?" he asks, my fingers setting the sandwich down.

"Um, my parents...passed away when I was little. I lived with my aunt," I say, the one fact I've come to terms with easy to say. But I still wish I could've met them. I was three, and my only memory was a trip to the zoo.

"Really?" he stops eating, his hand cupping his mouth. I only nod, his hand reaching and grabbing mine.

"Listen, my parents are divorced and that's hard, but I'm so sorry you never got the chance to be with them. Is it hard for you?" he asks, his green eyes concerned.

"Not that I've gotten used to it," I admit, his head nodding.

"So you're very close with your aunt?" he continues, moving the subject. He starts eating again and we make little conversation, his interest in me insane. He's doing most of the talking, but he's making me laugh. I'm enjoying myself.

"I want to talk to you about this," I blurt out, his chair moving closer to the table to be closer to me.

"First, can I explain something I said earlier?" he asks, my head giving him a nod to encourage him further.

"As soon as I explained to you that my ex and I broke ties last week, it makes me seem desperate for a relationship or I move on way too fast. But that's not me," he reiterates, my eyes taking in his body as he talks.

"What we had a year ago was different than what it was the last few weeks. It went from happiness to just...pleasure and I didn't want that. It wasn't what was good for me. There isn't anything I can explain more than that I haven't been able to understand that until now. I couldn't have her in my life or see a life with her," he tells me, moving his hand up. He brushes my hair back then brushes his hand against my cheek.

"That's when it dawned on me that I needed to do something different. You've always been there and I took the mixed mail situation as an opportunity to finally talk to you," he says, my eyes closed as he feels my cheek.

"I-I can't get hurt," I whisper, his body getting up. He grabs my hand and tugs me up, my eyes looking up at him. But I don't expect his huge arms to wrap around my waist, my arms instinctively wrapping around his neck.

"I won't hurt you," he whispers, my hands setting on his back. I can feel him tightening his arms, his hand covering the small of my back.

"Tomorrow, I want to prove that to you on our date," he whispers in my ear, making me smile.

"Okay," I sheepishly say, his hands moving to my waist. I can tell he's trying to get further, and hugging me and holding me is about as close as I'll let him get to me.

"Have a good night, Lucy," he lightly says, looking down at me.

"You too," I grin, walking him out and leaning back against the locked door with a huge smile on my face.

------------

Hey Loves!

I hope you all can see this part and hopefully the first too! Please enjoy!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!!

Much Love! <3 xoxo