XXI

I sit beside Anne and hold Myra in my lap, Gemma on the other side of me. Time flew between long study nights and dates with Harry, our relationship as strong as ever. I sit and watch as Harry graduates, Myra playing with my fingers during the ceremony.

When everything is done, I set Myra down and wait for Harry at the spot he told me to wait for him. And I see him smiling brightly at me and I wrap my arms around his neck, his arms holding me close to his body.

"Congratulations, Haz," I smile, his hand holding my waist.

"I get you now. You're moving in with me," he says, my laugh heard. I move my hands to his cheeks and he smiles, my lips pressing to his.

"What if we got a house?" I wonder, biting my lower lip after I pull away.

"A little one for the two of us?" he asks, my head nodding.

"Sounds good to me," he grins, my arms hugging him again.

Harry and I go out to dinner with his family and then out by ourselves after. The two of us look through some houses while we eat ice cream, his arm wrapped around me.

"Oh, wait, I liked that one," I say, swiping the screen back up. I click on the house and we look at the credentials, his head turning to look at me.

"What about this one?" I ask, his eyes meeting mine.

"God, I want to move in with you so bad," he says, kissing me. I smile and pull away, looking back at the house. It's brick, has a fireplace, three bedrooms, and a brand new kitchen.

"I like this one. Schedule a showing," I say, his head nodding.

We schedule one more and Harry takes me back to our apartment building, the two of us going to his house. The two of us take a shower and I'm held in his arms, his lips pressing to my forehead.

He washes the make-up off my face and we take turn washing each other's hair, his hand shutting the shower off after. We get dressed and Harry takes me into his living room, the two of us talking about everything with moving in.

"Does it make you nervous to be moving in together?" he asks, gaging my feelings.

"No, no. I-I just want the security, that's all," I explain, his eyes staying focused on me.

"Security, baby? Do you need me to get an alarm system or something?" he asks, my heart racing.

"I just...I don't want anyone to come to our home and try to persuade us otherwise. Matt already knows about it so that's not an issue," I say, his hand grabbing mine.

"Luc, if this is about Melissa, it's over. I don't want her anymore and I'd happily do anything to prove it to you," he says, kissing my cheek. I hug him and he hugs me close, kissing my hair.

"What if I told you I already have something for you?" he asks, my eyes looking up at him. My lips part when I watch him reach to the side table and grab a little box, my heart racing. I climb into his lap and he holds my waist, my hands grabbing his cheeks and I kiss his lips.

"Just listen to me," he whispers, my head nodding. He takes a deep breath and he moves my body onto the couch, his body moving onto the floor. He kneels and then moves one knee up, my hands covering my mouth.

"I want to love you for the rest of my life. Live my life with you by my side. We're young, but I honestly don't care. I've never fallen so hard in love before and I know what we have is real. My original plan was a promise ring, but I saw this and I just...I knew it was one for you," he says, kissing my hand after pulling it from my face.