XVIII

"I'm not going," Harry states into his phone, my head resting in his lap while I read. He hasn't left my side but he's taken me home, staying at my apartment out of concern for me.

"No, I have to take care of Lucy," he says, running his thumb over my forehead while his fingers stay entwined in my hair.

"You know, I never enjoyed the shit you say to me."

I stop reading and look up at Harry, his eyebrows frowned and lips pursed. My hand reaches up and I brush my thumb over his lips, his eyes looking down at me. A smile covers his lips and he kisses the pad of my thumb, making me laugh lightly. I turn back to my book and he slumps down on the couch, my head moving onto his abdomen.

"You know what? Fine, I'll go. But I won't be there for very long," he says, continuing to play with my hair as a distraction.

He hangs up and I set my book down to look at him, his hand tossing his phone on the table.

"You gonna meet up with friends?" I ask, his lips releasing a sigh.

"I wouldn't call us friends, baby," he says, the name starting to stick with me. I think it's a cute name to be called. "You remember that guy from the first party I took you to?"

I only nod and realize he's meeting with people that don't like him, his body very intense now. "Well, they want to talk about shit and drink. I don't plan on drinking but I'll call you if I do. I'll leave you my keys."

My hand comes to his hair and I brush it back, his hand moving onto my stomach. I curl towards him.

"Don't you dare get out of the car if you do. They aren't good guys," he then says firmly, my head nodding.

We sit in comfortable silence for a while before he goes, my lips pressing to his cheek. When we walk to the door, I can tell he's unsure of what's to come and I lean up, kissing his cheek again.

"It'll be okay," I tell him, his head nodding. He kisses me and walks out, my fingers locking the door.

While he's gone, I work on an essay and eat dinner. It's a relaxing start to the night and my head turns to the door when there is a knock, my lips curving. I walk over and expect to see Harry, but I see someone unfamiliar.

"Hi Lucy," is all the man says before he hits me on the head, knocking me out.

-

I start to wake up, feeling extremely dizzy and I look around, seeing I'm in the backseat of what seems to be an SUV. I hear mumblings and I try to open my mouth, but it's taped shut. My wrists are bound behind my back and I can't move very well.

My body jumps when the door opens and I'm shoved onto the ground, my body wincing. My right arm feels a sharp pain and I start to cry, not knowing what's going on.

"Get the fuck away from her!" I hear Harry faintly, my vision so blurry.

But everything stops when I see a gun in his hand, Harry filled with rage as he is restrained.

"I told you not to fuck my sister. Now I'll show you the consequences," the familiar man says, then I feel a sharp kick to my back. I whimper, crying hard.

"Fuck off! I stopped! She didn't do shit!" Harry yells, my body in pain.

"Yes, she didn't. My sister didn't do anything either and you left her. You hurt her. So I hurt something of yours," he says, moving me onto my back.

"No!" Harry screams. "Get you fucking hands off her!"

Then I feel my shirt being ripped open and I watch through my tears when I see him reach behind him, flipping open a knife.