XIV

A week has flown by and Harry has been drowning in homework and basketball. I've barely seen him and when I do, he's usually hugging me and I'm usually telling him to relax. He's overwhelmed and I can see his exhaustion. When Friday comes, I go to his game and he's ready to play. It's cool to see him in his jersey and I watch from the middle of the bleachers, away from everyone else. I can see his gaze flicker to me every once in a while and I'm always watching him.

It's when a boy approaches me that I suddenly fill with nerves, his brown hair pushed back and blue eyes focused on me.

"Hey, I'm Brandon," he grins, and I nod.

"Lucy," I tell him, only trying to be polite.

"Why you sitting over here?" he asks, his eyes focused on me.

"I, um, wanted to watch my boyfriend play. I-I haven't come to many games," I say, his lips pressing together.

"Who's your boyfriend?" he then asks, my head turning to look for Harry. Our eyes meet and he's fuming. I know he's mad and I tell Brandon Harry Styles, and that's when his eyes widen.

"S-Seriously?" he asks, my head nodding.

I turn my head and kiss my fingers, blowing Harry a kiss. I can see him wink and Brandon gets up, walking away. The game finishes and I wait at the bleachers for Harry, everyone filing out. It's left to just me and I hear the door open, Harry walking towards me.

"Who was that?" he asks, trying to remain calm.

"His name was Brandon. Told him I was here to see my boyfriend," I say, his broad shoulders moving fast as an indication he's mad.

"As soon as I said your name, he ran off," I continue, Harry running his hand through his hair. "Please, don't get-"

I'm cut off when his hands grab my face and his lips press against mine. His jealousy has reached a peak since we made love, and I don't seem to understand the logic. Harry has his protective side, but I would run if it came to any guy coming close to hurting me.

I lightly grab ahold of his tee and feel the muscles through the material, his lips moving with mine so effortlessly. Clearly, it's to express feeling and to calm down.

Slowly, I pull away from the kiss just to talk it out with him, but he buries his face in my neck. Soft lips start to kiss my skin and he start to suck on a weak spot, my lips parted and eyes closed. He's marking me, but I don't mind. It doesn't hurt, so whatever he needs to release frustration I'm here.

His hands fall to his sides and I grab his waist when he stands tall, his tired green eyes meeting mine. My feet move onto my tiptoes and I kiss his cheek.

"I only want you," I assure him, his head turning a little to kiss me again. This time it's soft, and so gentle.

"I care so much about you. Anyone I don't know who comes close to you is a threat and it makes me nervous. You aren't always going to be able to defend yourself and I will be there for you in a heartbeat. This isn't like anything I've ever had before. You are someone I don't want to lose. As crazy as it sounds, I don't," he tells me, my arms moving to hug him. He wraps his arms around me and I hug him close, listening to his heartbeat.

"No one but you, Harry. I care about you," I say, turning my head to face his chest. I kiss his chest, the material of his shirt felt but the action was over his heart. He's a genuine boy and I find myself so happy for the first time in my life.

He grabs his stuff and he drives us to the apartment building. My hand is held tightly in his and I dig for my keys, but Harry tugs my hand.

"Stay here tonight," he whispers, my eyes locking with his.