XXIV

Harry's POV

I nod to the waiter as I leave the café, taking my order and walking home. There is an emptiness I feel since I realized Lucy ran away. Half of me feels gone and I don't feel whole anymore. She kept me alive in the most unlikely way.

When I walk inside, I set my bagel on the counter and sit down. I eat and run my hand through my hair, hating how empty the house still feels. It's been months and I still live with the hope she'll come back home.

After eating, I go upstairs and change shirts. I don't want to work on my car while in a plaid shirt so I use an old tee, tighter on my body but fine to get oil on.

I walk down to my car and start to fix under the hood, making sure everything is fine. My fingers pull the oil cap and I start to change it. My body moves and I roll beneath the car, changing everything down here.

"Haz?"

My eyes blow wide and I tense, but I roll out from under the car. Before my eyes is my fiancée, looking as beautiful as ever. I don't want to believe it, but I can't shake the fear I still hold that this could all be my mind messing with me.

"Luc," I call, sitting up. I stand in front of her, unsure of what to do. I haven't seen her in months, and I can't just leap and grab her. She needs to justify a few things for me.

"I-I know you probably hate me, but I want to say I'm sorry. Please, know I didn't mean to hurt you," she starts, my feet walking closer to her. I don't have words but hearing her talk makes me know it's her. She's back and I'm focused on her. I just want to kiss her.

"Just know I still love you and I'll leave if you don't. I'm so sorry I never called or answered, but I-" I cut her off and my hands grab her cheeks and I press my lips to hers. I close my eyes and I feel her grab my waist. While kissing her, I think of what to say and I pull away, leaning my forehead on hers.

"Just promise me you won't leave me again Luc. You've run so much. I don't think I can take it again," I whisper, her lips pressing to mine again. I'm so in love with her that all I want is to just kiss, make love to her to know she's never going to leave again. I'm tempted to take her to the bedroom but she pulls away, looking up at me.

"I have some explaining to do," she whispers, our eyes locking.

She grabs my hand and we walk inside, the two of us sitting on the couch.

"It's been four months," I say, her fingers running through her hair. I stay focused, wanting a good explanation.

"I know, and there isn't a really good reason I can give you as to why. You are the person I trust the most and I was scared out of my mind," she starts but I'm already frustrated. I grab her cheeks and get her to focus on me.

"Why were you scared? I'm in love with you and yet you were still scared? Please, I need to understand," I stress, her eyes looking away. She moves from my grasp and grabs a piece of paper from her pocket. She hands it to me and I look down at it, my arms tensing as I look at it. It's an ultrasound and I know it's hers. My eyebrows frown.

"Lucy," I state, her hands setting over mine.

"Haz, please," she tries, but I stand up.

"You're four months pregnant and you didn't feel the need to tell me sooner?!" I yell, looking at her. How could she run away and not tell me? Why is she always running from me? I want to have a baby and she knew that, so how could she run from me?

"I know you're probably furious, but please hear me out," she says calmly, looking into my eyes. I sigh, not trying to be the bad guy, and I let her continue.