Final

Peyton's POV

"And I got an airplane from my brother. He works at the station," the little boy Will says, his brown eyes gleaming while he gets chemo. I work as a counselor at the hospital, trying to be there for cancer patients just as my counselors were. Now ten years since my last case and remission, I try to help as much as I can.

"What station?" I ask, his hand running over his face.

"Uh, the one with the force. Um...Air Force," he recalls, my head nodding.

"Does your brother fight?" I ask, his head shaking.

"No, no. He got hurt and it made him not able to. But he did once," he explains.

"That's cool," I grin, his lips curving.

"I want to be just like my brother," he tells me, my hand squeezing his.

"And you will be," I tell him, the nurse coming in for him.

"He's coming to visit tomorrow. You should meet him and see what a cool person he is. He brings me cookies and planes every time," he grin, his toothless smile cute.

"We'll see. You rest up and I'll see you later," I say, putting his beanie back on.

I go to the office and I put files in, my eyes glancing up to the clock but I see someone looking at me. I'm never very good when people look at me, the stares from when I was eleven still present in my mind. I thought I was weird, and my over-protective father kept anything that could hurt me far away. That being said, I've never had a solid relationship and I never wanted one.

Dark brown eyes lock with my green ones and he stands tall and muscular. His broad shoulders are covered by a Henley and I quickly look away, getting back to work.

I pack my things and get ready to leave, walking down to my car. On my way to my parent's house, I start to think as to why that man was staring at me. My hair has grown significantly and I have no remanence of my chemo treatment to my look, so why was he staring?

As I walk in, I pick up the cat and start to pet her, loving my cat that my dad got me after my first round of cancer.

"Pey," my dad grins, my hands setting down my cat and hugging him close.

"Mom went to get something at the store, so I have about twenty minutes with you," he grins, his hair still fairly long but there are grey hairs now streaking his curls.

We talk about work and he keeps close watch on me, knowing that at any moment something could happen. The nose bleeds have stopped but if I don't eat much I could pass out. But my dad always makes sure I drink plenty of fluids and eat a lot whenever I'm over.

When my mom gets home, we have dinner and enjoy our time together. I promised when I moved out I would come over for dinner as much as I could, which is nearly every day since their house is between my apartment and the hospital.

In the morning, I go into work and see Will is on my assignment sheet. I smile and start to walk up to his room, my hand knocking on the door.

But what I don't expect is the same man from last night opening the door. His huge stature towers over me, my height inherited from my mom. His brown eyes lock with mine and I open my mouth to talk, but Will cuts me off.

"Peyton, look at what my brother brought," he cheers, my lips smiling over at him.

"How cool is that," I say, the model airplane held in is his hand.

"So you're the infamous Peyton?" the man says, my head turning to look at him.

"That's me," I say, his smile shown and I can feel my heart pound against my chest. He's gorgeous.