Chapter Six

Roman's POV

My Ken says if I hear the voice again, I should tell him. I smile at that and continue eating what's left in the plate. I hear a low growl and I look up at Ken. With the expression on his face, my guess is that he's talking to someone through the link. He then stand up and I frown, still looking at him.

"I'm sorry Roman, I have to head down to the office. Something came up." He says.

"Okay." I say with a nod and look away from him. I want to tell him to stay but I don't want him thinking I'm clingy. I missed him this morning and now he is going away again. I guess this is the life of an Alpha's mate. Boring.

"Knock knock knock."

I look up and find that I'm actually alone in the room. I didn't even hear Ken leaving. I look at the door wondering who might it be. I sniff the air and smile when I smell him.

"Come!" I shout and the door opens revealing him. I smile at him as I push the tray away since I'm done eating.

"Kenny sent me up to tell you not to go anywhere and stay in the room until he comes to take you down with him." Ron says and I give him a nod. I'm not sure what I will be doing here all alone. Couldn't he have at least let me go out and play somewhere?

"What's the pout about?"

"I be alone, no know what to do." I whisper and bite my lip as I think of things I can be doing.

"Um, I can stay here with you if you want."

I look at Ron just to be sure if he's saying the truth. After sometime of me staring at him and him not taking his words back, I smile. It seems he really want to stay up with me and I can use some friend. He's my Ken's friend and now he can be mine too.

"Okay. I think play, no sure now."

"How about I give you sometime to think of the play? I will just go down real fast and drop the dirty plate in the kitchen. I'm sure when I'll be back, you will be sure of what to play." Ron suggests and I agree with him. He picks up the tray and leaves the room. I sit on the bed and think of what to play with Ron when he comes back.

True to his word, he comes back on time. I already thought of what to play, so I tell him about my choice. One has to choose a word then we form other words using the selected word letters. At first, Ron shows his disinterest on my choice of game but then as we play more, he begins to like it. We do that for sometime, then he teaches me how to play a card game.

"H-help..."

I remove my gaze from the cards and look at Ron. Did he say something? With the smile on his face, I don't believe he could have said it though. The voice was weak.

"Help me.."

"You hear?" I ask Ron when I hear it again.

"What?"

"Uh, voice."

"No, I didn't hear anything." He say and looks at me oddly. I look away and concentrate back on the cards. Maybe it will go away.

But I hear it again, louder this time. I feel a tug at my heart and so many emotions. I feel insecure, scared, sad and angry. The emotions are too overwhelming that I wish to find the owner and help them and I know where exactly I can go. I stand up and walk to the door but before I open it, Ron stops me.

"My Ken."

"He will be back soon. You should wait a bit longer." I shake my head at him. I can't wait any longer. I had to see my Ken right now. He promised to escort me where I want to go. I have to go and help the owner of the voice.