Chapter Thirty-Three

The king hold his wife's hand as he listens to her laboured breaths. He regrets letting her go alone those years ago. He should have known she would not listen and go even when he refused her to do so. Then she came back with the deadly wounds and for years he had to watch over her until she became fine once again for a limited time. The king was so lost in the present that he forgot about his wife's limited time to stay healthy. It was when she collapsed that he remembered and started looking for anything there was to heal his wife.

He had tried other things just before one of the werewolf pack that is under his rule offered him help. The alpha was the one who had told him of a Rolyn which was a godly blessed wolf with extraordinary healing powers that can even raise a man from the dead. It was very powerful and it was what the king needed to heal his wife forever with unlimited time.

He ordered his allies and spies in the whole werewolf kingdoms to look for werewolves with healing powers. That's when the hunt began and he was proud of his work because each failed hunt meant they were coming closer to the real hunt. He only had to get through the obstacles to get to it.

The king could finally breath when his trusted werewolf informed him about the 99% possibility of having found the Rolyn. He didn't care what they would do to get the Rolyn because all he cared was that, whoever it was, was delivered to him safely.

He sensed the powers of the creature when it entered his castle and it was at that moment that he fully believed that his wife could be saved. But strangely when he met the girl, he couldn't sense that much power he felt from her. He dismissed it and let the girl do her work after being told of what she had to do.

It was all good until something became really fishy. The girl's healing powers would all be sucked out of her and she would be so weak, which made the king worry, but then the next day she would be so full of her powers. The other odd thing was that from his studies, it was so clear that to be healed by a Rolyn doesn't take a lot and even a slightest touch would heal one completely. At first he dismissed it by the source of her wife's injuries since it came from powerful magical beings but then his curiosity took over him like a possessed demon. He wanted to know what made the girl be so full of energy after being sent away when she was drained.

He called in Franklin to help him out on it and he was shocked when the boy reported back to him. He had to get the girl back and made sure she was drained and then put her in chains. The king just couldn't stand betrayal and he felt cheated by the imposter Rolyn that he wanted nothing but to make her feel pain as much as his wife's felt.

Then he got the real Rolyn out to meet him. It wasn't what he expected but he didn't let that lure him away from his hearts desires. He wanted his wife back to health and the small boy was capable of such a thing.

He was irritated when the boy refused to do what he had asked of him. He was out of patience to ask nicely and he knew that being nice wouldn't work this time. He had to act hastily and let the boy give him what he wanted. Even if he hated being a bad guy, he couldn't help it this time but to be one. The evil in him was taking charge and he happily gave in to it.

A knock at the door makes the king leave his wife's hand and then walk to the door. He opens it and one of his guards is there to report to him.

"Everything is ready just as you wanted sire." The guard says with a bowed head and the king mumble a reply and close the door.

He had asked them to prepare a room for the Rolyn, where he  will personally be attending to him.  He have to do this right and the only one he could trust to do it if the situation was different is his wife, but now he have to get my hands dirty to get what he want.