Chapter Twenty

Roman's POV

I close my eyes and rest my head on the window, listening to the car sound as it moves along the road. The drive to the gathering is silent since Nate is asleep. He told me that he spent yesterday awake all night talking to his mate Ron. As for me and Ken, we went to bed late but I got enough sleep that I don't feel like doing so now.

Yesterday was really nice. It is a shame to say that all the time that I've been living with Ken, yesterday was the most that we talked. We just talked about everything while in the garden and when we went back to our room.

My Ken is really worried about me and the gathering. Even though he will be close by, he still thinks it won't be safe. It makes me feel good to know how worried my mate is about me. I'm not worried though, because I know if something goes wrong, he will come to protect me.

"Are we there yet?"

I hear Nate ask with a groan as he sits up straight. He slept a few minutes after we left home and it has been almost two hours since then. I had asked the driver earlier and he said we had a half hour drive to get to where we were going.

"No yet." I reply and Nate shakes my arm. I turn and look at him with a raised brow.

"Can we go over a few things before we reach the place?" He asks.

"No. We go through things with committee members we find there. If need change, we change then." I reply and he nods.

The committee members are none other than the city alpha's Lunas. My Ken's kingdom has four cities; the northern city, southern city, western city and the eastern city. In each city, there are a number of packs and it is looked after one chosen pack. The chosen pack is either the biggest or the richest or the strongest. The four cities have different traditions and beliefs. Felicity had told me all about it.

I watch through the window as we reach the location of the gathering. It is a huge clearing where tents have been set up to accommodate everyone attending. A barb wire fence has been secured around the place. There are four warriors guarding the gate and a few others around the fence. The car is allowed entry through the gate after the driver shows an ID among other things. The car pass through some tents before stopping beside a green one. It is the only tent in green colour and it is the committee meeting room. The tents are in different colours for a reason; identification. Purple for bedrooms. Blue for dining. Pink for bathrooms. Red for kitchen. White is the huge one where the activity meetings will be held. Black for entertainment.

"I'll call you later when we've identified our bedroom tent." Nate tells the driver, Zander, and he drives away leaving us standing by the green tent. Nate walks in first and I follow behind him.

"Who are you?" Someone asks and I step away from behind Nate and stand beside him. There are four people in the room, three girls and one boy sitting on chairs with a table in the middle. They are looking at us so I assume the question was for us.

"I am-" I start to reply but one of the girls cuts me off rudely.

"Oh please, we don't have time for you and definitely not interested to know who you are. Wait for who you want outside."

"Watch your tongue young lady, I may get tempted to cut it off." Nate growls and I hold his arm to stop him.

"They no know us Nate."

"So what? That's no reason for her to be rude."