Chapter Sixteen (2)

Roman's POV

The moment the Patrick guy was introduced, I knew nothing good would come out of him. The way he looked at my Ken and touched his arms, made my beware alarms ring in my head. I didn't want him close to my mate. They might come from way back in time but things were different now. Ken has me and he should get lost.

I almost growled at Ken's mother when she pulled me into the kitchen and let the friends 'catch up' with each other. I wanted to have Ken where I could see him and not somewhere far.

"Me thought I help you?" I had asked Monroe when I saw the things he said I would help with, already done and clearly not needing my help.

"I just wanted to give them time to catch up before dinner. I knew you would disturb them if you stayed around." He answered innocently and my levels of hate went up in tens.

I sat on a chair as he did whatever it was on his phone. When I finally had enough of this nonsense waiting, I got up and went up the stairs. She called my name and shouted for me to leave them be but I didn't listen.

She couldn't even understand how I felt at the moment. I got got some weird alarms from Patrick. The ones telling me to stay away from him and not let my Ken anywhere near him. It was bad enough they were friends and them being somewhere alone wasn't sitting well with me. It's not that I didn't trust Ken. I trust my mate so much but I didn't trust Patrick to keep his hands to himself.

My Ken was handsome and there was a time that I thought the word didn't do him justice. He was more than handsome. He was a heavenly being. So I know how tempting it is to touch him and explore every inch of his body. I was barely holding myself not to jump him and I knew Patrick would not have much patience like me. I believe I had this much patience to wait because I knew he was my mate and wasn't going anywhere. But there are times like this that I felt threatened.

When I knocked on the door and they came out, I could feel the tenseness in the air. However, I brushed that aside and proceeded to the dining room. Me sitting by my mate was how things had to be but Monroe thought it best to sit beside me and send my mate on opposite side to sit beside Patrick. I was really starting to hate the guy but I held it in. Perhaps he was good and Monroe only made him sound as if he is a threat to me.

But that goodness in Patrick thought was short lived when he started to come out of his shell. With Monroe helping him out, he came all out and I could see who he really was.

"Do you remember that time we played and danced naked in the rain?" Patrick says with a dreamy look on his face as if he is recalling the particular rainy day.

"As if I could forget." Ken snorts and they both laugh.

In their exchanges, I can see that Patrick is a touchy person. Whether he's doing it now or that's how he is, I'm not sure. But since Ken isn't reacting to it, I assume it is how he is. My mate may not react to it but I know I do. I hate how he touches his shoulder, arms and I stop myself from thinking what his hands may be doing behind the table where my sight don't reach.

I continue eating my food with a few glances at the people around me. I'm not really talking much since the stories on the table are all about 'do you remember'. One thing I'm sure of is that I don't remember, so I stay out of it and watch from the sidelines. It is also becoming boring and I can't wait to get out of this place.

"Ken," I call out to my mate and he looks at me with a smile.

"Yes only,"

"Ken have some soup on lip." I tell him and then he smiles at me.

"Come clean my face for me only." He smiles and I move to get up from my sit but Monroe holds me down.

"Don't worry about it Roman. I will clean our Ken for you." Patrick smirks at me and then smile at Ken.