Chapter Twenty-Seven

Kenneth's POV

"Take another step wolf and your friends will be dead." The man warns me in a deadly voice and I freeze.

I think of ways to get myself off this situation but nothing comes to mind. In all my ideas, my friends end up dead. I growl in frustration when I realise there is nothing I can do but to surrender and let these beings do what they may with us. I shift back to my human form and let them restrain me. Before any ideas form in my mind, I get hit on the head and everything turns black.

(Past days)

We drove for days to get to the northern border of my kingdom. From what I got on the maps, the Snow Kingdom was located somewhere north just beyond the forest. Reaching the northern boarder, we had to leave the cars there because after the boarder, a very big, thick forest was awaiting us. We had two choices here; to either pass through the forest or go around it. But going around would cost us more time and that was something we had to cherish. Passing through the forest was what we chose despite Zayne and Isaac's protest.

These two claimed that the forest was dangerous and cursed because once a person walks in, they never came out. The northeners told their pups many stories about the forest and for years it has been forbidden for a werewolf to go into the forest. They suggested we go round the forest because it was never guaranteed that if we go in, we will come out alive or come out the other side.

I didn't want to add up weeks to my mate' suffering. I had to take risks and one of those risks was to do the forbidden thing by going into the forest. I believed that it was only a story to the forest and not reality because when I was younger my father told me that it was because many people were being killed by wild animals during hunting, so they had to stop anyone hunting there thus creating false stories to scare off people. With that revelation, Zayne and Isaac's fears were eased up.

We were eight alphas in total, with Ron the only beta and each one of us carried a bag. We had food and torches and other important things like weapons. The moment I entered the forest I felt different which was something expected since I had just stepped off my land. We walked and walked for days, only stopping to eat, drink and rest.

Some nights when we rested, Zayne and Isaac took it upon themselves to tell us tales about the forest. It was scary if told to pups but since we were both grown up alphas, it was just a story. Sometimes we could joke about the stories to pass up time and make the journey manageable. It also helped us to prevent thinking about our mates and worrying about their well beings. We would eat, drink and joke then call it a night. The mornings would come and once again our journey through the woods would start.

"I feel like I'm being watched. I think someone is watching us." Zayne had said one day.

The others teased him for being a sissy and getting scared of trees. They told him no one was there and that he should not worry because they could protect him from harm. Even though the others laughed it off as a joke, I believed Zayne because I had been feeling that way since the first day I entered the forest. I had looked around and surely confirmed that there was nothing out there. That's why I didn't brought it up to my friends because there wasn't evidence and that it would have stirred fear in them. So when they dismissed Zayne, I didn't speak out and laughed with them.

As days passed, things started looking bad for us. We had walked enough for us to be out of the forest already but nothing seemed to change. Kay and Shaun climbed up trees to look out for directions since while walking through the woods, seeing ahead was difficult; but when they climbed down, they told us that there was only trees in each direction. This only meant that we were stuck in the middle of the forest and our direction was lost. My friends started freaking out and I tried my best to remain calm and assure them of our safety and victory out of the forest.