Chapter Thirty-One

Roman's POV

"Are you okay?"

I look up to Victor who is staring at me with a worried face. I sigh, looking away from him and my gaze drop down to my lap where Dee is sleeping soundly. I smile at the boy and then remember that I was asked something.

"I fine." I mumble and Victor sighs and sit beside me.

Dee was added to our cell some days ago. He had not talked to me for a day but I didn't give up on him. The next day he ended up telling me his name and we talked about nothing important all throughout the day. The next day was when he had asked to stay with me and that's how I started pleading to the guards that checked on us, to let the boy in our cell. It wasn't easy and they refused at first but I didn't stop until the gave in and let him with us. He told me his name was 'Dee' and I wondered if that was all but he couldn't say anything else.

At first Dee only talked to me and clang to me at all times. Slowly he got used to my friends and now he can talk to them but when sleeping it's always in my arms. He immediately wakes up when I settle him on the floor or pass him to any of my friends. So I've gotten used to having him in my arms while he rest. He has been sleeping for some time and he will soon be waking up.

"They are coming." Jordan announce and soon the door the prison cells open and two guards come in with Chandler. She looks exhausted and I know what I need to do about that. The guards push her inside and she nearly falls but Kiera holds her. They lock the door and walk out, leaving us to ourselves.

"You look not so good." Nicolette comments and Chandler rolls her eyes.

"Thanks." She replies dryly to Nicolette who shrugs. "I have things to tell you." Chandler announces to us all and we give her our undivided attention.

"The Queen is looking for her nephew or niece, because she's not sure. There is some sort of prophecy about the child and the kingdom and to avoid it, she's trying to kill her own sister's child. What they didn't expect is the Queen's long forgotten wound to once again cause her problems. Her situation is really bad that she can die and that's why they wanted a Rolyn to heal her." She explains and we all stay silent, processing the information.

"How did you get that?" Kiera ask.

"Sometimes I think they forget I'm there and talk about it but its only today that I've figured it all out." Chandler answers.

"Is that all?"

"No." Chandler pauses and by the blank look on his face, I wonder what will come next. "I heard some of the guards talking about Nate. It wasn't good."

"We need to do something to get out of this place. The longer we stay here, the less chance of us surviving. Roman can't continue transferring his powers to Chandler, it will kill him." Victor says and I frown.

If I can't help Chandler then she will die. I can't not help her.

"But Roman we can't continue doing it. Victor is right. We either die or complicate something in our life." Lyn explains but I'm still not agreeing to it.

"How we leave?" I ask Victor and he looks at me.

"We fight. We all know how to do that here."

"Just this once we can help out Chandler but it will be the last time and I mean it."