Chapter Ten

Kenneth's POV

I was so worried when I didn't know where my mate was. He was nowhere inside the pack house and I had not received any report about him leaving from any warrior on guard duty.

So while I was looking for him, I heard that he was drove to my father, so I ran to my father's place. I was very mad when I got there and when the warrior who drove them said he forgot to link me about it, I gave him a blow that completely shut his lights out.

I knew he was confused to why I was acting the way I did but I know he got it why I acted that way.

Now as I watch him sleep in my arms, I know why I was so worried earlier. I have to keep him safe.

I slowly and carefully detach myself from him and get up. I put on some clothes and walk to the window, jumping down. I am still feeling the adrenaline from earlier, coursing through my veins.

After today's events, I am not supposed to leave Roman but I want to punch something so that I can calm down. I'm just frustrated.

I run through the woods and reach the assassin training house. As I approach the house, Hilda comes out to greet me, smiling and opening the door for me.

"What?" I ask as I enter the house and she follows after closing the door.

"I need to talk to you." She whispers and I nod then wait for her to spit whatever it is out.

"Can you come close please. I don't want the other guys to know about this."

I groan but lean to her as she starts whispering near my ear. I scoff when I hear what this all was about.

"Whatever." I grumble and I remove my T-shirt then we go down the stairs to the training room.

Hilda was asking for permission to leave pack lands, so that she can visit her brother in the city. She didn't want the other guys to know about that and was asking I make it as if she's gone on a mission.

I ignore the others as I reach to where my stress reliever was hanging. I get in position to start hitting the bag but Ron's shouting makes me halt and look up the stairs. He runs down to the room and comes to me.

"Alpha, your mate was here." He rushes out and I raise a brow in confusion.

I left him sleeping in our room so how can he be here? Besides, the guards could have linked me.

"I bumped into him in the woods. He was crying and run back to the pack house."

I sniff him but trying to get my mates scent since he said they bumped into each other. I don't smell my mate's scent and I look at Ron annoyed that he is lying to me.

"Ron..."

"Believe me Kenneth!"

"Alpha, your mate has just passed us a second ago. He was coming from the woods but we didn't see him going there.."

"Shit!" I curse and run out of the room. I fly up the stairs and I get out of the house and sprint through the woods, trying to get to my mate on time.

How did he get to the training house without being noticed by the guards?

I pass the guards without a glance and run up the stairs to our room where I'm hoping my mate is. I throw the door open but I don't see him anywhere. I search the bathroom but he's not there as well.