Chapter Thirty-Seven

Kenneth's POV

I carried Nate to the defense camp where I had send Ron with Roman. Rama was the one who took him from my arms and walked away.

I found most of the rescued people including Roman who was still passed out, already transferred to safety. I helped doing the last touches at the camp and successfully transferred the ones who remained.

Sean, Zayne, Spencer, Isaac and me, changed into our wolf forms and followed where Ron was still howling. We joined him for some time and then Jade used his magic to lure him in sleep. I still had to join the battle and I didn't want to leave him alone in his grief. A lot is expected in such situation and I didn't want to risk it with my beta.

We five; Sean, Zayne, Isaac, Spencer and me, ran in our wolf forms towards the place where the battle is taking place.

The sun is just rising when we reach the place. Surprisingly, there are not many enemy wolves or elves. I locate Kay and find her organising some things. She is separating the injured ones so that they can leave to receive magic treatment on their wounds because the only wounds not healing were those caused by dark magic from the enemy elves. I change forms and so does the others, and we put on shots offered to us. I approach Kay to hear her report on everything.

"Hey," I greet her. "How is everything out here?"

"It's all been good but as expected on a battle, we have some losses and some injured that it has halved our original number." She replies and then send the last injured group away.

"I take it things went well?" Devlin ask and I turn away from Kay to him.

"Yes."

"I don't think anyone will come out to fight again. I think I'm allowed to take my leave now."

"Yes you can go. Thanks for your help."

"Don't mention it." Devlin smiles and then offers me a hand which I shake.

Devlin walks away with his men and I notice there are two which are carried by others. I guess in every victory there is also a price to pay. I look around for Roman's father and I find him with his alphas. I greet them all and I'm introduced to the alphas that didn't know me and vice versa. Four alphas and their warriors leave the place, going back home.

"I can't hold you back anymore. Daniel you should take them and leave. I'm waiting to hear from someone." Michael, Roman's uncle, speaks to his beta who listens to his alpha and lead their warriors home.

"Where are your children?" Elijah ask Michael who sighs and sit on the ground.

"They refused going home and followed EJ. They went to see Roman."

Jade joins us with his two brothers,  Gregor and Dimitri. The other elf tribes had already been dismissed. My alphas were the last to join us and Kay reported that everything was done, giving us a clear to leave the place.

"I can't leave just yet." Michael complains and we look at him.

"Why?" Isaac ask the question in everyone's mind.

"Brian, a witch friend of mine promised to rescue my mate. He hasn't come out yet and I'll wait until he does come with my mate."

"How sure are you that he will come?" Zayne ask.

"I know he will keep his word. I trust him."

"Jeremiah did mention about helping a certain Brian. Perhaps he went to help rescue your mate." Isaac comments.

"Jeremiah and Jeremy are the twins we met when I last came here with Brian. I'm sure they did went to help him as you have said." Michael says.

"You can go if you want to. I will stay behind with my cousin to wait for Justice." Elijah tells us but the name he mentioned wipes any want to leave the place.