Chapter Fourteen

Kenneth's POV

I sigh when I no longer see Roman. I sit back down in the car seat and close my eyes. I don't like the fact that I have to leave Roman alone but I guess I can't always be there for him at all times. There will always be times like this that I have to leave him alone and do our duties as Kings of the kingdom. Ron leans over me and puts on the seatbelt around me. I scoff and push him away from me the second he finishes.

"Safety first Kenny." He state and I roll my eyes. As if I need it.

"Whatever."

"Oh come on Kenny. Relax man. Don't be a grumpy old man." He whines.

"I can't relax when I know I've left Roman all alone."

"He's not alone. The guy can handle himself. And not forgetting your bad ass uncle of a commander. He can take an army on his own."

Klaus is not only my third, he's also my uncle and brother of my mother. He's nothing like my mum though. He's a great guy and he can really fight an army on his own. He's that good.

"Yeah yeah....I get you." I dismiss the argument and we drive the rest of the journey in silent. Since I'm sitting in the back with Roman, we sleep most of the drive and by the time we wake up, the sun is setting. We didn't stop for lunch since in each car, there was some food for everyone to eat for lunch.

I sigh as the buildings of the Red Moon pack shows and we pass them, making our way to the meeting point. The Red Moon pack was miles and miles away from home. I already miss my mate and hope to deal with things fast here and return back home.

I see many cars when we are approaching the building where we are to have the meeting. My senses tell me there are a lot alphas and betas at the place which makes me wonder. I didn't expect to see them all here since the report clearly told me that I'll be meeting with a few alphas not a whole bunch of them.

The cars stop and I remain in my sit as the two guards in front, one of them was driving, get out and stand by my door outside the car. I feel more guards get out of their cars and approach my car as well and stand guard. All the Alphas that were outside the hall, walk inside to take their sits. When no one else is outside, a guard opens the door and I get out followed by Ron.

Just then; Alpha Luke, the leader of elders, exit the hall and approaches me.

"What is going on Alpha Luke?" I ask the elder through the link to avoid others hearing.

"Your majesty, something came up and we thought it best to have the kingdom alphas to all meet here."

"What came up?"

"Traditionally, there is always a time when all mates to the alpha's have to meet." He explains.

"The great Luna week?" I exclaim.

"Yes that my child. It is supposed to happen in a month from now. We had just got the date yesterday and thought it best that we all meet and discuss how this will go."