I promise

Sasori had meant it, when he said that I wasn't getting out. He had originally said it about the doll, that's apparently a puppet, not a doll, because Sasori does not play with dolls....

Anywho, he had originally said it about the doll, but it seemed to extend to their base-thingy too. It was still better than at Snakey's base. Toby was my babysitter, though usually he too had a babysitter, so we were never alone. He was funny though, always making Deidara mad and getting blown up, somehow he never died, even though Deidara tried quite eagerly to make it happen.

I like Deidara; he makes explosions to entertain me, when he's watching me. He always smiles, when I get all absorbed into his rants about the best bomb material, Sasori doesn't like it though. He tried to stop it in the beginning, but after I started to ask questions about his dolls, that aren't dolls, he lightened up. They seem to have some sort of competition going now to see which art I liked the best.

I was in Deidara's room, when I heard from Sasori that we were getting guests. I asked about them and learned, based on descriptions, that Crow and Fishie and a few other people were the guests. Sasori and Deidara went to the entrance to greet them, leaving me alone in the hall with Tobi.

I couldn't stay if Crow and Fishie were here, if they recognized me, then I'm pretty sure that I would be in trouble...

My mind worked hard on an escape route, but stopped when it came up with a simple plan of action.

"When you run from those Deidara, have you then tried getting away through the window?" I asked Tobi as I looked at the rather small windows in the room.

"Iie? Can I get through those?" He asked in thought and looked at them, trying to judge if he could get through.

"Maybe not, you're not the thinnest person alive after all." I said and clapped his stomach softly.

"Are you saying that Toby is fat?!" He asked offended.

"That's not what I said, but now you mention it." I said and looked at him, centering my look towards his stomach.

"Toby is not fat!!!" He yelled.

"I didn't say that, you did!" I yelled back.

"I'm gonna show you! Toby is not fat!" He yelled as he got up from beside me, he had been sitting on the floor after another confrontation with Deidara's art, and went to the window, where he started to climb out.

Guess what.....

He got stuck in the window....

Not even halfway through......

I giggled as I crawled out the window next to him.

"I'm sorry, Toby." I smiled sadly at him as I ruffled up his black hair, before I turned and ran away from that 'base' of theirs.

His eye had been open wide in shock, when he realized that I tricked him to get stuck in the window. I kinda felt bad, I liked Toby. He was fun. Behind me I could hear Deidara and Toby talk, well more like scream.

"Toby, you idiot! You were supposed to watch the girl!" Deidara screamed at Toby.

"I did, but Kiko said Toby was fat and couldn't get through the window! Toby is not fat!!!" Toby screamed in a wailing tone.

I'm so so sorry, Toby...

I ran in a random pattern to lose whoever might be following, while trying to find anything that could be a landmark of sorts. I couldn't find anything, so I just kept running, I was panting, but I refused to stop. That was until I ran straight into something, or somebody. I looked up and only managed to note the grey gravity defying hair before I was lifted up by the back of my dress and carried along with the person.

"Otou-sensei?" I asked after a little while, wanting to make sure that is was in fact him.

"Kiddo." Came the answer.

"Are we going home?" I asked again.

"Hai." The answer was short and firm as if he thought that I would be against it.

Silence spread between us, he seemed mad, or sad, about something.

"Why did you run away?" He finally asked, breaking the silence.

"I didn't, Raven used my Kekkei Genkai against me and made me pass out. I really wanna go home." I yawned slightly and squealed slightly, when I was suddenly hoisted further up, held up by his arm around my stomach.

"He kidnapped you?" He almost sounded hopeful.

"Hai, why would I run away? I like it at home. Are we there soon? I'm tired." I muttered to him tiredly, smiling slightly when his grip on me tightened.

"Promise me that you didn't run away."

"I promise..." It was the last I remember before I fell asleep.