I wonder why he would do that.

I stood in a tree and watched the Konoha gates with a cloudy vision.

What if he didn't want me here?

None of the others had tried to help me.

What if none of them wanted me here?

What if nobody wanted me here?

Where would I go then?

What if it hadn't been the Genjutsu that I so desperately wish with all my heart that it was?

What if it had been real?

Locking away my feelings as I had learned to do by instinct these past months it had taken me to come here; I jumped down from my branch. Swaying heavily I tried to focus, my fever was getting worse, it was the reason that I had taken so long to find home, everything was so blurry.

I knew that I was wearing the mask that Otou-sensei had made from the driftwood on that exact beach, where I had been left behind, though I don't remember putting it on. The mask had been painted, but I don't remember painting it; I do remember seeing paint on my hands though....

Slowly I made my way into the village, past the sleeping guards and through the open gates. It was a weird sensation walking into the village after so long, after being left outside it. That everything was all floaty didn't exactly help...

The village hadn't changed much; everything was in its place just like always. I stopped as I saw a familiar silhouette on top of a pillar; I stood still watching him as he jumped down, before I walked towards him.

Apparently Naruto just got back, I wonder if he wants me here...

I smiled behind my mask as I saw Konohamaru, Naruto and Pinky stand together talking happily. Well it really just looked like moving blobs, but the colors and the voices told me who it was. I missed them more than the village itself, I missed many things and many people, but Otou-sensei was the one I missed the most.

But did he miss me.

Why would he?

It's not like I'm worth anything.

I stopped when I was close to them, but far enough away for them not to notice me. The good mood between them was gone as Pinky looked up at Naruto.

"Naruto, you got the letter about Kiko returning, right?" She asked seriously, which Naruto was completely obvious to.

"Yeah, where is she? I missed her! Believe it!" He said cheekily, but his good mood disappeared when he saw Pinky's face. "Sakura-chan? Where is Kiko?"

"She went on a mission with Kakashi-sensei a few months ago; it wasn't too long after she had gotten back." She started, but stopped as she began to cry.

"What happened?" He asked, any sign of happiness gone from his face.

But Pinky couldn't answer, she was crying too much. Naruto quickly went to her side and started to lead her to the Hokage's office, where the Hokage wasn't as it turned out. I followed them closely after having used my jutsu Hana: Fukashi, so that they wouldn't be able to see me.

They finally found Tsunade in the hospital after Pinky had taken the lead, still crying; my heart froze in its place when I saw, what Naruto had yet to see.