Dream Bound - Chapter Seventeen (Ivy's Memory)

Dream Bound

                           Chapter Seventeen

                                 day eleven

       The smell of smoke and cheap perfume hung heavy in the air. A hand cupped my hip, guiding me through the mass of sweaty, gyrating bodies. Glancing down, I stared in horror at the slutty outfit I was stuffed into. A barely-there mini-skirt hung low on my hips, paired with a pale blue silk camisole. The hand on my hip pulled me in closer to the owner’s body. I didn’t have to look up to know it was Colton. However, when I tried to pull away, I remained glued to his side.

    Colton, I wanted to say. It was as if my lips had been sewn shut. In a panic, I twisted and looked up at him. Feeling my gaze on his face, he glanced down. The corner of his mouth lifted. His hand moved an inch, finger slipping beneath the waistband of my skirt. Electrified tingles zipped down my spine. I shoved the pleasurable feelings aside, and focused on freeing myself of his grasp. I tore my gaze from his, glancing down at my hand. I willed my fingers to move--even if it was just a twitch. They remained motionless, hanging limply at my side.

    Princess, Colton’s voice slipped into my thoughts. I would’ve jumped, had I not been rendered paralyzed. Paralyzed in movement, to be exact. My body was moving, out of my control. I realized what was going on five seconds too late. You’re reliving one of my memories. You’re going to have to wait it out. Don’t fight it--there’s nothing you can do, it’s already happened. As of now, you’re stuck inside your older self’s body until the memory ends.

       Peering up once more, I saw that Colton’s lips were still stuck in a lazy smile. It wasn’t him that had spoken; it was ‘present-day Colton,’ who’d spoken to my thoughts. As he said, it had already happened. Trapped inside this older version of me, I’d just have to wait it out. A thrill of excitement snaked through me. I was reliving one of Colton’s memories. Mine or his--it was a glimpse into the past nonetheless.

       Passing a pool table, I willed my gaze to flicker to the wall. It did, and I immediately hunted down a calendar. The calendar read August second, 2009. My freshmen year. I remained silent, watching the scene between old Ivy and Colton unfold before me.

* * *

    “Colton,” I whispered, trying to keep myself in check. His hands were everywhere. The pounding of the rock music drowned out every thought in my head. Bodies pushed and shoved, dancing and melding together as one big group.

    “Hmm?” he murmured back, kissing the side of my neck.

    “We shouldn’t do this.”

    “Who says?” I could feel his grin against my collarbone.

    “My virginity.”

    He stopped kissing me long enough to let loose a laugh.

    “You’re tempting, princess, but I don’t believe we’re at that stage yet.” The corner of his mouth lifted in a fox-like smirk.

    My cheeks burned, most likely a blood-red color. “That’s not what I was implying!”

    “Then what were you implying, hm?” He cradled my face in both hands, lips inches from mine, teasingly careful.

    “I was implying that we should stick to kissing,” I told him, hooking two fingers in the waistband of his jeans. I pulled him a little closer.