The begining

It all started 26 years ago. 1985. A teenager just being a teenager. Her name was Missy. She was a good girl, for the most part. The worst thing about her was her boyfriend, Steve. They were 16 and Missy thought it was love. She wanted to wait, she didn't want to do it, but he told her if she didn't, then he would leave her. She gave in. A month later she found out she was pregnant and Steve vanished. It's like he was never there. She was scared and alone but determined to be a good mother. 8 moths later she had Xeyem. She was happy. She got a job. She saved her money and when she graduated, she left that town behind and went on of search for a better life for little X.

She moved to New York. Rent was high and work was scarce. She didn't have a job, she was out of money, and she was desperate. She swallowed her pride and started working the corner. She had no other choice. Xeyem needed food, shelter, and alot of other things. It wasn't much, but it put food on the table and kept a roof over their heads.

A year later, she was out, in her favorite red dress. It was only her favorite because it was alot more modest then the others. It didn't show as much. A man approached her, he was handsome, and she saw a spark in his eye. She asked him if was looking for some company. He told her he was, but not like what she was offering. He told her it made him sick to see her like this. Selling her body. That no woman should do such a thing. He asked her to stop. To give it up. He would take care of her, love her, and give her whatever she needed.

Despite the fact she barely knew the man, she accepted. They moved in together, even Xeyem. He lived in New Jersey, in a suburb. At first, Richard seemed like the perfect man. A good job, loving father. He cared deeply for the both of them and not long after they were married.

That's when things changed.

He got fired. Budget cuts and he wasn't high enough on the totem pole to make it to the other side. He began drinking. Becoming sluggish. The rent was due and they were running out of money. Missy decided to go find work. She found it in a small book store, owned by a rich man. He kept the store more as a hobby. He told her the job was hers and she was very happy. He paid her far more than alot of harder jobs. Much more than what she should've been earning.

When the money started coming in, things started to go back to normal. It wasn't as much as what her husband made but it was more than average. Richard stopped drinking, and they became the perfect family again.

But that wasn't good enough for Richard. He always dreamed of the perfect family. A stay at home wife and 2 kids, a boy and a girl, a big yard for the dog,a big house, the whole deal. He told Missy of his plans but she disagreed. She went through the struggles of pregnancy once and was scared to do it alone again. What if he left her? She wouldn't do it again. She didn't tell him the full reason but he persisted. All he wanted was for her to have another child. But she kept telling him no.

Weeks pasted and Richard was still looking for a job. The two had stopped having sex or even sleeping in the same bed. The fight over the child was becoming serious. Xeyem was now 7 and wanted to know why his mommy and daddy didn't love each other anymore. Missy was still working at the book store and the stress of the fight began to get to her. She wanted to give in but was afraid.

Several more months passed like this, Xeyem growing older and smarter. He excelled in school. Richard found a job, not making as much as Missy. He went into a factory and the fact his wife made more than him, working in a book store furiated him. He hated having her provide for them. He took up drinking again. The stress from work and the fight about their child getting to him. It didn't make sense, how a woman could make so much money doing what she said she was. He became suspicious.

Richard kept his suspicions to himself. He kept quiet. the two barely speaking. He drank. He slept. He worked. He went in and out of the guest room for food and drinks only. He didn't speak to X or Missy. Missy would smile at Xeyem as his step dad would ignore him "Don't worry sweetie. Its not you. Hes just really tired that's all" She would lie. She didn't even know why she said it. He was smart enough. In the beginning he believed her. Now he didn't even listen.

Missy came home from work later than usual.She just got a new shipment of books and had been so excited she stayed and cataloged them all. It was dark in the house which was normal. Xeyem would be asleep and Richard in his room. She threw her keys towards the bowl they kept objects in by the door and herd the jingling. She pulled her jacket off and hung it up in the dark.

She heard footsteps. Knowing it couldn't be Richard she moved to the stairs, turning the light on and calling up "Xeyem? You better be in bed Mr!" She yelled up. She got no response. Just as she was about to go up the stairs and checked, two rough hands grabbed her harshly by the shoulders. "Richard?" she squeaked. the hands rough pinned her to the wall causing her to whimper.

She looked in the face and saw her husband, alcohol thick on his breath. "Richard what are you doing?" She demanded, the fear vanishing. He grabbed her hair roughly and pulled her head back, exposing her neck. He placed rough, sloppy kissed down the skin moving to her collar bones. She moaned, not having been touched in years. "He then bit her hard. It wasn't a love bite. She whimpered again and dug her nails into his hands "Richard you're hurting me!" She cried out.

He brought his mouth to her ear and hoarsely whispered "I'm having my child." She gasped and tried to push him off. He pinned her there firmly. "Richard you know I don't want this!" She scolded him. He reached his hand and smacked her across the face. Her head whipped to the side, not making a noise, not understanding what just happened. Surely he would never hit her. What just happened. It cant be true. But the pain radiating from her cheek was proof.

He grabbed her chin roughly and forced her to look at him "Don't talk back to me bitch. I'm having my child one way or another." He growled at her. He ripped her shirt open. She screamed. She didn't want this. He punched her this time. She saw red as her head slammed against the wall. "Shut up you slut. You think I don't know what you've been doing?"

She looked at him astonished "What are you talking about?" She didn't understand. He punched her in the lip this time. Her knees buckled and she thought she would pass out. "No one earns that much money by working at a book store. Don't act like you haven't been selling yourself again!" He raised his voice at her. He reached for her skirt and slid it down "If you fuck them, you fuck me, and you will give me what I want." He threw at her.

She screamed again but he didn't care. He threw her over his shoulder and walked them to the couch. He threw her over it and bent her over the back. She begged him to stop, told him it wasn't true. "Mommy?" Xeyems scared face appeared at the bottom of the stair case. She wanted to beg him for help, but she was better than that "Go upstairs honey, go back to bed. Daddy's just playing around. But don't come back down stairs." She lied and gave him a pained smile, knowing the bruises were already forming and her lip was bleeding. She heard him run up the stairs and slam his door.

She screamed all night. Begging him to stop. He didn't listen. An hour later she was laying on the bathroom floor, puking her guts out. She had an ice pack to her cheek, and blood running down her body. He had scratched, bit and hit her enough to wear she looked like a human punching bag. She collapsed on the cold floor and cried silently. He was passed out in their bed and she slept on the bathroom floor.