Numb

When they got home, Xeyem had to practically carry her into the house. She wouldn't move but when he touched her she started screaming. He was afraid he would drop her so he had to sling her over his shoulder. She kicked and scratched, curse words coming from her mouth that a 12 year old shouldn't even know. 

He walked her upstairs and into the bathroom, setting her in the tub and using one hand to hold her down while he turned the shower on. She stopped her yelling and began to cry. He turned around and walked out of the bathroom emotionless as she sat there, sobbing in her muddy clothes, with the warm water rushing around her.

She just sat there for the longest time, not knowing what to do with herself. When she felt as though she had run out of tears, she peeled the soaked clothes from her body and threw them in the sink. She sat back down, turning the water up to wear it started to burn her skin. 

She pulled her knees to her chest and tucked her head in, letting the water surround her. Her skin began to turn a bright pink and her hands were shriveling by the second. She slowly stood up and washed her hair, watching the mud run down the drain.

She let out a small sob and continued her shower. After her hour long shower, she turned the shower off, stepping out and grabbing a rough yellowish towel. It hurt her sensitive pink skin but she didn't mind the pain. She dried off before wrapping it around her body and trudging to her room. She walked in, shutting the door behind her.

She quickly changed into pajamas and walked out of her room, sitting on the stairs. She heard Missy and Xeyem arguing about something. Apparently X was blaming himself. Good, Katt thought bitterly. Melonys dead and you didn't even try to save her. She felt tears start to sting her eyes again but held them at bay.

Her mom was crying now. Xeyem was screaming. There was a smashing noise. Now he was yelling about Richard. What he would do if he ever got out. Katt just sat there, numbly listening to them bicker, scream, and shout. It finally ended when Xeyem stormed out of the house, slamming the door. 

Missy fell to the ground in tears. For a second, Katt considered pitting her mother, but she helped cause this too. She simply shrugged and stood up, going to her room and crawling into her bed.