Poor big brother

When Xeyem got home was happy. A cute girl with a shy smile talked to him today. He loved talking to someone his age. It was new and it felt right. Not that he didn't love his sisters but talking to a 9 year old and a 6 year old , despite how beyond their years they were, was not the same.

He had went to work, been promoted from assistant manager to manager. That meant in increase in pay. He was saving up to by Katt her own bed. He hummed happily as he came in the house. Threw his keys in the bowl, took a step towards the stairs, and fell on his ass "What the.." He grumbled and picked his hand up. It was covered in warm stick blood. 

He gagged and stood up quickly, running up the stairs and trying too open his door. It was locked. He heard the girls crying inside and banged on  it 2 times, hard. Slowly the door opened and he saw little Katts face. She had blood running down one side of her cheek, coming from her eyebrow. 

Xeyem pushed himself into his room and picked little Katt up. He held her as he tried to figure out what happened. Thats when he saw Melonys foot. It was turned almost completely backwards. It was an angle that made him gag again. 

And then, he saw the blood. His bad was covered in it. Under where Melony sat crying, holding herself. Xeyem loosened his grip on Katt, he felt himself sway. This cant be happening. 

Katt dropped out of his arms, but lightly landing on the floor, looking up at him concerned. He moved over to Melony and kneeled infront of his bed. Telling her how sorry he was for not being able to protect her. We all cried. And cried. Until Xeyem had had enough. He told the girls to stay put, and he would take Melony to the hospital soon.

He walked down stairs after he heard the door latch. He walked in the kitchen and saw Richard, his back turned and his back straight. Xeyem saw an empty bottle, and reached for it. It being the only weapon closest. He put it behind his back as Richard turned around with a satisfied smile. 

"Oh Xeyem my boy!" He said happily.  "I see you have talked to my daughter. I will tell you, I was surprised about the amount of blood. Surely, I thought that you would've taken a go at that already. No man, a real man at least, spends his days with small girls and doesn't have urges. Am I right?"

With this Xeyem sprung forward and used his free hand to punch him in the face. It hit him right on the button and Richard dropped to the floor. He got ontop of him and continued hitting him, his fist closed and bleeding. "Don't you ever touch, talk or even think about my sister that was you sick bastard!" He screamed at him  but Richard had stopped fighting back. He was knocked unconscious but Xeyem didn't stop. He kept throwing everything he had at him until a little hand touched his shoulder "Xeyem, stop"

The voice was small but firm. He stopped and leaned back panting, tears and sweat running down his face. He looked at Katt and he stood up, scooping her into his arms and buring his face in ehr hair. "I will never let him touch you. He won't ever hurt you like that" He promised her. Katt nodded, not really needing the comfort but she let Xeyem think she did. He seemed to be calming down, having his baby sister safe.

Finally he put her down. They hoped Richard would forget about this so they dragged him up the stairs, to his room. They washed off his face and hoped he wouldn't remember. They cleaned the kitchen floors so it looked like nothing happened.

Xeyem took the keys to Richards car, and he carried Melony down the stairs, propping her in the front seat. Katt sat in the back holding her hand and smiling encouragingly at her. Katt had to stay in the car, the gash would become a spectacle. 

Xeyem picked up Melony, and walked into the emergency room. He told them she fell down the stairs and twisted her ankle. In an hour The X-rays were down showing she had broken several bones in her foot and severally broken her ankle. She would never be able to play sports, the bones would be too fragile. It would take 1 and a half to 2 years for it to heal completely. They gave her some pain meds and gave her a cast. 

2 hours later, she was wheeled out to Xeyems car, propped back in the front seat, and they drove home in silence.