Mommys back

Many a month passed like this. Richard pulled them out of school, for a home schooling program. The girls spent their days locked in their room, a plate of bread and rotten fruit usually only being their meals. By night, Richard would come in and abuse them, in more ways then one.

He took their innocence. He took their mother. He took their brother. He took everything away from them,

Until there was nothing.

The girls didn't talk. The didn't cry. They hadn't heard anything from Xeyem or what had happened to him, so they assumed he was in Jail or JDC. 

They both just sat on the bed every day, waiting. Melonys cast slowly began to crumble off her leg, not being taken care of properly. She still couldn't walk on it but she could move her ankle now.  Weeks passed and the girls became more dead inside. They had nothing or no one. 

Melony was 9 now. And Katt was 7. Both so young yet they both had nothing. They lost track of time after their last birthday. Days melted into eachother and became unrecognizable. They both had nightmares but refused to talk about them.

Finally, something different happened. A car pulled up. Xeyem? Police? Richard home early? No.

It was their mother