Waking up.

The next morning, the three woke up like any other day. Xeyem waking to his alarm, waking up the girls, helping them get ready, putting their hair in uneven ponytails, them waiting for him to leave and fixing them their selves. It was just normal. Nothing new or different. Except that Missys normal bottle wasn't there. Not that the kids really noticed.

They went to school. They did their school thing. Katt and Melony came home and Xeyem went to work. Unfortunately for Katt and Melony, Richard was waiting for them. 

He grabbed both girls by their hair and threw them onto the floor. "Wheres your mother!" He demanded, as if they knew.

They were both were shocked, Melony began to cry but despite the fact that this is the first time Richard even talked at Katt, or touched  her, she stayed strong. "We don't know. She's usually on the couch when we get home." She stated. He reached out and smacked the little girls face, hard. The pain was so much she thought the skin would fall off. She knew she must have gotten what they call 'whiplash'.

"Don't you think if she was on the couch I would know you dumb slut!" He cursed at Katt. Melony continued crying. "She wouldn't leave without telling you 3."He mumbled to himself. Melony kept crying and finally Richard had had enough. He reached out and lifted her up by her pigtails. She cried out in pain and Katt was scared for her. 

But she didn't let that show. She stood up and punched him in groin. He made an 'oof' noise and crumbled to the floor, dropping Melony. She heard a sickening crack as Melony his the floor and new she had at least broken a bone.

Melony wailed and wailed but Katt grabbed her hand tried to drag, carry her up the stairs. Once safely in Xeyems room, the only door with a lock, even if it was make shift, she laid Melony on the bed.

Her foot was turned in awkward angle that could only mean it was broken. She heard her father getting up and gave Melony a comforting pat before moving to Xeyems dresser. She was very small, still only being 5 almost 6. She yanked and she tugged as her fathers food steps were loud on the stairs. She wasn't fast enough. 

He banged on the door and all Katt could do was back away in fear. She sat on the bed next to Melony and they cried and prayed, knowing the lock wouldn't last. Xeyem had told them, if ever in trouble, climb out the window and get help. 

Melony couldn't climb and Katt wouldn't leave her. The two sat there silently crying when the door flung open. It revealed a very red, sweaty Richard. He made nosies, that sounded very animistic. He grabbed Katt by her hair, dragged the screaming child to the door, and threw her down the stairs. She tumbled, hitting her Head on several steps before she landed sprawled out on the floor. She moaned and began to see spots when she heard the door slam and click.

She snapped out of it immediately, putting the pain the side, it wasn't as important. She stood up slowly and ran up the stairs. She heard Melony screaming begging him to stop. He laughed loudly and even Katt heard him say "Thats what your mother used to say" She screamed louder for help and Katt screamed in, telling her it was okay, she was gonna help her. 

Katt continued ramming the door, pounding it with her littler fists, nothing helped. Finally Richard let out a long, slow moan. The screaming stopped, and it was just Melonys crying. He opened the door, pushed Katt to the side, and buttoned his pants. 

Katt ran into the room and pulled Melony into her lap. She propped her foot on a pillow, it being the best she could do. The two cried together and Katt apologized non-stop for not being able to save her. The two sat in their big brothers bed, and waited for him to get home.