Too much

As time went on, nothing changed. Melony would come to do more and more things that upset her mother. The older she got, the worse everything became. She would come home with a limp and bruises and cuts all over her. Missy didn't even know what to do. Melony wouldn't tell her who was hurting her. 

She was entering her teen years at this point, about to be 14. She kept her hair dyed black, along with her nails painted black. She would wear back sweatshirts and black skinny jeans to school. She would do her makeup and wear thick amounts of eye liner. 

Missy just gave up, again. She couldn't stop her from doing these things. There was nothing she could do. Missy picked up a bottle again and unfortunately refused to put it down, 

And then there was Katt. Barely 12 and seeing her mother take up her old habits and losing her sister by the second. They didn't talk anymore. Whenever Katt tried, Melony rolled her eyes and just turned her back to her. Katt refused to let anything get to her. She made breakfast for herself in the morning, walked to school, went to practice, came home and did some cleaning, a smile on her face the entire time. 

They saw less and less of Missy. She was literally allowing history to repeat itself. 

One day Missy got home from work. She threw her keys down and let her jacket  fall to the floor. She was going to take a nap, having a hard day at work. She walked over to couch groggily and wiped her eyes before actually looking down. She yelled and grabbed Melony by her ear, pulling her up, to reveal a  boys body beneath her.

The boys eyes went wide and he just stayed there in shock. Melony shouted back at her mother, adjusting her shirt while doing so. Names were called, worthless, slut, drunk, good for nothing ect. 

Finally the boy had the sense to slowly get up and sneak out the back, unnoticed by the two girls screaming at each other. All the while Katt was humming happily in the kitchen, on her hands and knees scrubbing the floors. 

Its almost if she didn't even hear them. That they were just figments of her imagination she chose to ignore. The fights end was siganlled when she heard two doors slam. She leaned back on her heels and sighed, pushing herself into a standing position and grabbing the bucket.  She made a strained noise and carefully walked out to the living room, setting the bucket down and begining on that floor. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That wasn't the last time Melony had a boy over. Almost twice a week a different boy would get caught in the house, doing more scandalous things then the time before. Slowly, Missy began to not care about that either. Simply walking in, shaking her head and grabbing a bottle before heading into her room.

Eventually, the string of boys stopped, and it became just one boy. He was at the house everyday. They would be snuggled up on the couch, watching Tv or reading together. Missy didn't really notice the change. Katt would make up food for the 3 and then Melony would scream at her for bothering them.

Katt shrugged it off, eating her portion and leaving the other two in the microwave. Katt would spend her nights, outside, sitting in the large tree, with a book in her hands and a smile on her face. 

She began to advance even farther the more she read, being a grade ahead of Melony now. Melony resented Katt for this but didn't even bother to insult the child, in her mind, she wasn't worth it. 

Melony started coming home with bruises again, her face and arms mostly. Lip split, eyes blackened and blood shot. Katt was worried. She begged for Melony to tel her what was going on, but she didn't. She just ignored her little sister and went on about whatever she was doing.

One night, Katt woke up around 1 am. She stretched and looked around. She was still in her clothes, with a book resting on her slap. Katt giggled a little bit before getting up and stretching. She slowly opened her door and crept down the creaky stairs. 

She pushed the bathroom door open and gasped. Melony shreiked and started yelling immidieately. Katt ahd caught her sister, razor in hand and blood all over the floor. Instantly Katt shushed Melony, fear of waking Missy. She shut her mouth and both girls locked eyes. Finally, they began to cry. Melony dropped the razor and they embraced each other.

Katt didn't give her arm a second thought and let her wrap it around her. They held on to each other and cried, apologizing for what they had done, who they had become. That night, they cleaned the bathroom together and caught up on old times.

However, the next morning, Melony seemed to forget what happened. If at all possible, she was more distant, more mean, more depressed. She ignored Katt like always. Her boyfriend picked her up in his car and Katt walked to school. 

Katt decided that she would do what she had been doing. Smile. She would be strong and not let the world get to her. 

That night, Katt was walking home late, she had had a game that night. She walked into the unlocked house and sighed. Melony was no where to be seen. Usually her and her boyfriend would be on the couch. She shrugged and closed the door.

Walking through the seemingly silent house she went to the kitchen, walking towards the sink to wash her hands so she could make some food. It was pitch black but she didn't really need light. It was just as dark outside, except for the bright full moon. She looked down and hummed as she turned the water on. When she was finished she grabbed the towel and looked up and out the window. 

Her jaw dropped and she froze.  Then, a blood curdling scream left her ajar mouth.