The plan.

As soon as they heard the front door opened, they developed a plan. They spoke in fast whispers. They would scream for her, she would unlock them letting them out, then Katt would run past her, down the stairs and out the door. She wouldn't stop running until she got to the police station.

They started their plan. They both screamed their heads off. Their mothers concerned voice was hear and heavy footsteps up the stairs.She jiggled the lock and told them to back away. The door shook once. Twice. Three times and it popped open. Missy had never looked better. She looked like she did in High school. The scar on her face fading, her hair bouncy again, her clothes, new and expensive. She smiled at the girls and started to say something. Katt didn't have time to hear it as she ran out, knocking Missy to the side.

She rand down the stairs and almost tripped but she got her feet under her and opened the door. She ran. She has never ran so fast in her life. And it seemed she didn't get tired. The little 7 year old didn't stop running till she reached the brick building. Everything was going to plan. She walked into the glass doors panting and looked for someone to tell. 

Little did she know, Richard was on his way home from work. He saw the little blond girl running into the Police station. He pulled over immediately and ran across the street, towards the girl.

A younger woman working in the office, guided her to a chair infront of a desk, in the back of the building. She smiled nicely and walked away leaving her alone. On the desk were some photos. A man in his mid 40s with a wife and two girls, probably around 10 and 17..

There was some paperwork and a badge. She stood up to get a better look at the shiny metal when there was a cough behind her. She whipped around and immediately sat back down. The man from the photos stepped around her and took a seat. He coughed and said "I'm detective Weiser and I hear you have a report miss..?" He prompted her for her name. He said it seriously but was looking at her like she was a foolish child.

She nodded and supplied "Katherine. And I do have a report"

Then she told him it all. From when she was born and forgotten, to how her brother raised her, the stories he Had told her, how her mother left, how they took in Melony, how he beat her, how he beat them both, how he sent Xeyem away and how she escaped. By the end she was crying. The detectives fists were clinched and he was speaking rapidly into a device. 

A loud commotion came from the front of the police station and she heard the nice womans voice "Sir you can't go back there. Sir!" She sounded afraid. There was a small squeak and heavy footsteps as Richard came around the corner. He smiled up at the detective and walked towards Katt, placing a hand on the top of her head.

"Detective! Thank you for finding my daughter! She ran away from home and we have been awfully worried about her." Katt flinched away from his touch and he glared at her. The detective stood up and pulled out his gun "Step away from the child" He commanded in a cool but firm voice. Richard put up his hands but his face was angry "How dare you point a gun at a man for protecting his own child!" He spit at the detective. 

The detective moved his mouth to his shoulder saying something about backup. He approached Richard and told him to turn around. Richard acted like he would, but the quickly turned around, smacking the gun out of the Detectives hand. He punched the detective in the face, then the gut, the kneed him in the groin. 

Katt screamed and ran. She ran past Richard and jumped over the young lady, who was now lying on the floor. She ran out the doors and down the street. She turned left and ran away. She didnt stop running until she found herself in a field. She looked around and realized she was lost.  She lowly trudged across the field until she came to a country road. She looked both ways and didn't see anything recognizable. She decided right and walked down the long empty road.

When she heard a car, she turned. She ran to the middle of the road and waved her hands. The car didn't slow. When it was merely feet away she realized her mistake. Richard was in the car. Her eyes went wide and she was frozen in place. He braked hard but not soon enough to avoid hitting the child. 

Last second she jumped, causing her to roll up the windshield and stop. She crashed against the glass and heard a shatter. She tried to open her eyes but she couldn't. The last thing she remembered was feeling hands on her body, and feeling liquid run in her mouth. It tasted like metal.