Are you kidding me.....

Missy insisted that the three have a decent supper together. She practically dragged Katt out of her room and sat her into a chair. Xeyem sat across from her and Missy sat at the head of the table. The three looked around awkwardly waiting for the dinner to be finished. 

Finally they heard a ding. Missy smiled and hopped up, scurrying into the kitchen. As soon as Missy was out of sight Katt stood up and headed to the door.

"Katt where are you going?" Xeyem asked as he stood up and followed her. She spun on her heels unexpectedly and shoved him away from her. 

"Don't follow me!" She said through her teeth. 

She spun around again and pulled open the door. 

"Oh no you don't" He retorted and grabbed her by her waist, heaving her over his shoulder and shutting the door. He walked her back over to the table, Katt screaming and kicking like she did before. He carefully set her in her chair and held her there until Missy returned. 

With a satisfied smile he let her go and returned back to her seat. She held the dish and looked back and forth at both of them before setting it on the table

Lasagna

Katt gagged and stood up running to the bathroom, locking herself in. Really? Thats what Missy thought would be a decent supper. She threw herself on the floor so hard she knew her knees would be bruised. She gagged once, twice, and the third time she heaved until her stomach was empty.

She collapsed, sweating and crying onto the cold floor, pulling her knees to her chest and rocking slightly. There was a soft knock on the door which Katt promptly ignored. She stayed in that position until she heard a louder knock. Not on the bathroom door.

She head shuffling and chairs begin pushed back. Slowly she scrawled to the door and creaked it open. Xeyem stands. his arms crossed over his chest, Missy behind him.

"Can we help you officer?" He asks gruffly. The mysterious figure coughs and says

"Not officer. Detective. I need to speak to you and your family he states."

Katt pushes the door farther and gets a good look at the stranger. Slowly, she realizes, he wasn't a stranger at all. She shakily stands up and pushes the door open more, stepping out. Detective Weiser smiled at her and smiled uneasily back. 

She was still shaking but was happy to see him. 

"May I come in?" Missy gave a stern nod and he walked, calmly moving over to Katt and bending down to her level, giving her a bear hug. She made an oof noise as he pushed the air out of her and lightly patted his back. He pulled away quickly and  moved to the living room, asking the family to follow.

As they all gathered round he crouched in the middle of the room. 

Nothing was said for a long while

Missy was the first to break the silence.

"Well." She stated impatiently. "What is it?"

Katt glared at Missy but was eager to know as well so she didnt say anything.

The detective sighed and stood up, running a hand over his face.

"I... Don't know how to say this...." He refused to meet Katts eyes as his jaw clenched and unclenched.

"Richard....is being.... released."