Bad dreams

Somethings wrong with Katherine. She talks to herself now, in my dreams. She won't acknowledge me. She just sits, in the white room she brings me to every night. She sits in a corner, farthest away from me and I can hear her talking. She won't answer me, she wont look at me. 

She just sits there, rocking back and forth, her hair draped over her face, talking to voices that aren't there. I find myself trying to get out of the room. Looking for doors, a crease, anything to get out. The room gets smaller. Its closing in on us. Katherine's so close now. 

I can hear her words. My eyes widen and I start searching frantically, for anything. I can understand what she's saying clearly. My body doesn't understand why I'm afraid of such simple words. But in this dream, they are the most terrifying thing I have ever heard.  There has to be something. I run my hands over the walls, but I feel nothing. I look over the floor but theres nothing. We're practically touching now. The room still shrinking by the second.

The second our skin makes contact, she stops. She stops rocking, whispering and I can't hear her breathing. Slowly her head turns to me. Her hair is stuck together in thick strands that dangle in front of her face. 

Her eyes, they're not blue anymore. They're black. She says the words, in a sing song voice, and I can't tell you why they scare me so much but they do.

"The stories almost over."

Those four words make me scream louder than I ever have. A crooked grin crawls onto her face and she pounces towards me.

I wake up, sitting straight up in bed. My breathing heavy and my skin covered in sweat.Its freezing and I don't know why, I turned my A/C off before I went to bed. I look around the dark room fo any sign of Katt. I pull my blankets closer around me 

I hear rustling and immediately fling myself out of bed and turn the light on. I look and see my yellow lab rolling around on my floor. I exhale the breath I didn't know I was holding and look at my hand on the light, going to turn it off.

Bruises. Its all I see. Big, little, yellow and purple. Thats all that covers my arms. I look at my other arm and it looks the same. I didn't have these before. I poke around, seeing if they hurt, if they're even there. They hurt. Alot. The little yellow ones with red spots hurt the worse. I shake my head. Maybe I was sleep walking and fell.

I force myself to believe that as I crawl back into bed and turn off the light.